Best, Most Exciting Closed 'Phones
Oct 29, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting. all the sony headphones i've tried so far were muddy and overpriced.

Then try a V6 and be surprised....

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 21
I would also take a look at the Audio Technica ATH-M50

Also the Beyerdynamic DT-250 80ohm

The M50's may be a little hard to drive from an iPod but you should be alright.

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by illy2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would also take a look at the Audio Technica ATH-M50

Also the Beyerdynamic DT-250 80ohm

The M50's may be a little hard to drive from an iPod but you should be alright.

Well I appreciate all the responses. But unfortunately I learned that Guitar Center's return policy says I can't return headphones, and even if I could, there is a 15% restocking fee. To be honest, I'm fairly satisfied with the HD 280 (albeit many users here would call me crazy for that). They are perfect for the intended purpose (for use at work in a noisy environment to isolate sound). The sound coming from them may not be the most exciting in the world, but these are mainly for background music/noise isolation as I do my work. If I want a GOOD pair of phones, I'd probably go for something Grado.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I appreciate all the responses. But unfortunately I learned that Guitar Center's return policy says I can't return headphones, and even if I could, there is a 15% restocking fee. To be honest, I'm fairly satisfied with the HD 280 (albeit many users here would call me crazy for that). They are perfect for the intended purpose (for use at work in a noisy environment to isolate sound). The sound coming from them may not be the most exciting in the world, but these are mainly for background music/noise isolation as I do my work. If I want a GOOD pair of phones, I'd probably go for something Grado.

Congrats on your decision. Remember that everyone has their own likes and dislikes and sound is a pretty personal thing.

I would say that if your looking for a pair of open headphones in the future you at least owe it to yourself to see if you like the grado sound.

Have a great day,

Brad

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #20 of 21
Even the Grado SR-60's are terrific. I really like my 325i's and use them as my principle open can at home. If I go closed, I use AKG 271s.
Enjoy your Senns.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 21
Creative Aurvana Live! (Denon's D1001 clone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back