Best method to connect Genelec 6010a 5040a 5.1 Surround to PC?
Oct 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HelIish

Head-Fier
I will have these in about a month and I am wondering the best method of connecting them to my pc.

Mymother board is the Rampage IV Extreme & soundcard is the Xonar Essence STX

Method 1: get a sound card that supports 5.1 the same way the sub can take it in and run all 5 speakers from the subs out.

IMG_115749.jpg

29797d1340094830-asus-xonar-hdav-1-3-deluxe-asus-xonar-hdav-1.3-deluxe.jpg
(This will be really hard to find and seeming almost impossible)
Method 1b: Go from the Xonar H6/Xonar HDAV to the receiver, and then from receiver to each monitor / sub
Method 1c: Go from the Xonar H6/Xonar HDAV to each monitor / sub individually. (Other then cable management purposes this seems like a bad choice)
Method 2: Use a receiver and connect to the receiver from my essence stx (and then all out of receiver I believe not all to sub then monitors)(A receiver is also not the first choice as it will be taking up more space)
Method 3: Xonar DX with size adapters
29-132-006-S01

Method 4: Use the 3.5mm input (not happening, but could potentially be for temporary use while tracking down the Xonar H6/HDAV)

Or if you have any alternate methods that may be better please let me know thanks. The goal is best sound, budget is not that much of a concern, but size is a concern and that is why 6010a's are being used.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 4
Hmm if i understand you correctly - you have not actually gotten any hardware correct? If you want a 5.1 just pass HDMI out from PC to a HDMI AVR and go with fronts, rears, center and a quality active sub? You could then have a DTS-HD/Dolby True HD capable surround system
L3000.gif

Btw even @ $200 mark you can nab a pretty potent BIC F12 12"  sub and higher u could start looking at Hsu, Energy, etc

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hmm if i understand you correctly - you have not actually gotten any hardware correct? If you want a 5.1 just pass HDMI out from PC to a HDMI AVR and go with fronts, rears, center and a quality active sub? You could then have a DTS-HD/Dolby True HD capable surround system
L3000.gif

Btw even @ $200 mark you can nab a pretty potent BIC F12 12"  sub and higher u could start looking at Hsu, Energy, etc

I can not do HDMI out, 3 monitors are in use and all require dual link dvi, one can not be duplicated to hdmi either, there is no way to feed out hdmi for audio only. Also that sub you listed is more then 4x larger then the one I have listed which I do not want. I said space is a concern, price is not.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 4
So I guess I am done here since I was able to track down the Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe bundle used locally (only 1 and it was a non responsive kijiji seller who I spammed the hell out of till they answered lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back