Best metal album of 2010?
Mar 8, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #16 of 67
Option Paralysis - Dillinger Escape Plan

As with every release, this band is without peers.  Music that is truly free.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #18 of 67
@Skylab

I am a bit dissapointed with rubicon. I am fan of albums like Widows Weeds or Beyond the Veil, but after listening to a few songs from the new album I don't know what to think... Their style is completely gone, it isn't Tristania any more... I'ts like more mainstrem and pop sounding...

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 67

Quote:
@Skylab

I am a bit dissapointed with rubicon. I am fan of albums like Widows Weeds or Beyond the Veil, but after listening to a few songs from the new album I don't know what to think... Their style is completely gone, it isn't Tristania any more... I'ts like more mainstrem and pop sounding...

Really?  I liked it.  It's not as edgy as Beyond the Veil, for sure, but I like melodic goth-metal.  Oh well, to each their own
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #24 of 67

Quote:
I will also vote for Fragments of Form and Function by Allegaeon, such an amazing cd. Though i also really like The Road Less Travelled by Triosphere

I don't know Allageaon, but two votes are enough to pick my curiosity. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #25 of 67
Mar 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #26 of 67
3 Albums I'm surprised weren't mentioned:
Dillinger Escape Plan's Option Paralysis
Deftones's Diamond Eyes
And Enslaved's Axioma Ethica Odini

I also thought the Long Procession by Amia Venera landscape was pretty good as well. 
Oh yeah, Rosetta's a Determinism of morality was really good.

My favorite was Option Paralysis (not sure if it's considered metal, I'll let it slide if you guys do), and it looks like I have a lot of runner-ups :D

Edit:
@rehabitat, sorry Chrome on my mac is being difficult and didn't load the video so i didn't notice it was. I agree completely and Billy did a great job on that album. I really hope nothing bad happens to any of them because I want to see what happens when they have the same line up for two releases.

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #28 of 67

Quote:
3 Albums I'm surprised weren't mentioned:
Dillinger Escape Plan's Option Paralysis
Deftones's Diamond Eyes
And Enslaved's Axioma Ethica Odini

I also thought the Long Procession by Amia Venera landscape was pretty good as well. 
Oh yeah, Rosetta's a Determinism of morality was really good.

My favorite was Option Paralysis (not sure if it's considered metal, I'll let it slide if you guys do), and it looks like I have a lot of runner-ups :D

Edit:
@rehabitat, sorry Chrome on my mac is being difficult and didn't load the video so i didn't notice it was. I agree completely and Billy did a great job on that album. I really hope nothing bad happens to any of them because I want to see what happens when they have the same line up for two releases.

Axioma Ethica Odini is a very good album. BTW, Option Paralysis did have it's mention.

Quote:

Carach Angren - Death Came Through a Phantom Ship

That impressed me. Thank you for including a video.
beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #29 of 67
Darkthrone - Circle the Wagons
Electric Wizard - Black Masses
High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #30 of 67
     Quote:
Darkthrone - Circle the Wagons
Electric Wizard - Black Masses
High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine

Yes, I have been reading a lot of positive reviews of Snakes for the Divine, but I haven't given it a listen yet, as I am not much into Power Metal.

[Edit: Sorry, I don't know why I wrote Power Metal, maybe I read it somewhere. High in Fire isn't Power Metal at all.]

I didn't know that Electric Wizard had a new album out. I only have Dopethrone by them, and I love it. Is Black Masses on par with it?

I suppose I'll also check out new Darkthrone sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back