Best Media Player??? (Nube help)
Oct 14, 2003 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Schizeophonic

Head-Fier
Hey, sorry to bother you with a question that has been brought up before. I have searched through the forums and their seems to be a tendency for people to recommend Foobar as the best player. Is this still my best bet?. Currently I have tried QCD and Foobar. I used foobar with the crossfeed dsp, and I like it a lot. It takes some of the edge off my Grados. I am currently using Grado SR60 and will soon get a pair of Sony MDRV6's. I was wondering if QCD made a crossfeed plugin. I know that winamp does, but have not tried it. I am kinda shy of winamp since its sound is a little thin to my ears. Let me know if you guys/gals have any other opinions. I am not afraid to learn and experiment. Thanks

Oct 14, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 12
I like Foobar myself. I especially like it because I have two soundcards, an internal Santa Cruz Turtle Beach and an M-Audio Sonica USB card. I use the Sonica in my headphone rig and Foobar lets me pick the Sonica from the preferences so I can leave the Santa Cruz always hooked up for my speakers and other computer sounds.

Oct 14, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 12
I can't stand QCD for some reason, the bass seems fake, I use Winamp mainly, but Sonique2 for when I need the 120% speed madness for major head-splitting action (I've got it ripping right now)...
600smile.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 12
Have you fooled around with QCD at all? Im very familiar with it, and foobar is totally different. I do like how it is very functional and simple. Do yoiu know of any QCD crossfeed plug-in's? What exactly is crossfeed, and why do i like it so much. It makes the grato highs much more tolerable. Kinda takes them and puts them away from my ears more. It seems like it gives them some distance.

P.S Sorry about all the questions, but this site has made me obsessed.

Oct 14, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 12
Thanks more the input on QCD D-EJ915. I guess i have gotten used to the QCD sound. I am not satisfied with it though, I am always trying to tweak it. I have been listening to foobar for about an hour with some DJ tiesto, and I am liking it. I am getting ready to install winamp and see how that goes.

Oct 14, 2003 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Schizeophonic
Have you fooled around with QCD at all? Im very familiar with it, and foobar is totally different. I do like how it is very functional and simple. Do yoiu know of any QCD crossfeed plug-in's? What exactly is crossfeed, and why do i like it so much. It makes the grato highs much more tolerable. Kinda takes them and puts them away from my ears more. It seems like it gives them some distance.

P.S Sorry about all the questions, but this site has made me obsessed.

If I remember correctly QCD uses Winamp dsp plugins so you should be able to use any crossfeed plugin that is out there for Winamp. I believe Native software, the guy that did the crossfeed component for foobar, also has one for Winamp that you can get from his website. Just go to foobar's dsp components list and find crossfeed then go click on the link to go to the autor's site.

FWIW, I much prefer the sound of foobar though but if your a QCD fan you may like it even more with crossfeed.

Oct 14, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

it's not really that the bass is "fake", so much as it is that it's just overly boosted, and I don't like it...it also seems to boost high-pitch frequencies.

I've never noticed any overly boosted frequencies. I always the EQ off, however. Also, did you try replacing the normal MP3 (I'm assuming you're using MP3's) plugin with the MAD plugin? That boosts sound quality a ton.

And yes, any Winamp plugin can be used for QCD.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Oct 14, 2003 at 12:30 PM Post #10 of 12
when on my mac, well itunes.
on my pc, i use winamp 2.95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back