BEST match for e4c
Jun 14, 2005 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

GiMione

Head-Fier
any suggestions on a new player for my e4c's? probably needs to be a bit bass heavy....I dont really like the rio, despite its sound quality.....I dont like the Frankenstein look.
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 10
NOT iPod
cool.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #3 of 10
The Sony HD5 comes with a bit of mid-bass bloat as standard. Pity sound quality seems to be lower than the iPod, Karma, H1xx/3xx, etc. How about iAudio? All the rage at the moment
biggrin.gif

PS. It's not Frankenstein. It's Fisher-Price
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 10
my karma does a good job with them. I'd say anything with a customizable eq would be fine.

I'm perfectly happy using them with my ipod, though.

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 10
Hey Jmmmmm,

I'm curious if you find your PA2V2 is a good fit between your Karma and the E4C (or Super Fi).

Thanks.

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFRfan
Hey Jmmmmm,

I'm curious if you find your PA2V2 is a good fit between your Karma and the E4C (or Super Fi).

Thanks.

Yeah, I think the pocketamp is a great little amp, for the money. It's a little loose on the low end, but that can be a good thing with some headphones. I'd say the e4c's go better with the pocketamp and 5pros go better with the portaphile (although both actually do sound better with the portaphile - if that makes sense). The portaphile is better, but for $60, I think the pocketamp works great.

And whoops, I didn't see the thing about rio in the original post. What about iriver? My iriver flash has a bassy sound.

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 10
I take that back on the Frankenstein comment. On closer inspection, the Rio carbon looks pretty nice and sleek.

Jun 15, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 10
It sounds like the AV320 is great with it. This player has better sound quality and internal amplification than the iPod IMO and its only fault is a slightly warm and overdone bass presentation... which should combine with the E4 perfectly. In fact, vranswer started a thread about this a couple days ago.
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
wouldn't it be better to match the 'phones to the player?

Ideally it would be great if neither had any glaring weaknesses and this wasnt even necissary... but thats not too common with portable devices.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back