Best low impedance, closed head phones for office environment?
Feb 20, 2017 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dany74q

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I'm looking for decent office headphones -
My setup will be direct sourced from a laptop and no DAC / Amp - so low impedance is important.
Also, I work with people near me, so the headset should be closed by design and less leaky.

Most of the people in office have the Bose QC35's, but I'm sure there's a better headset for the price (up to $500).

Would love your help !
- Danny

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Might have to stretch the budget a bit,but the new Mr.Speakers Aeon(699.00-799.00) is a beautiful sounding closed headphone...it looks sleek and feels even better on your head....really nice headphone

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey guys,
I'm looking for decent office headphones -
My setup will be direct sourced from a laptop and no DAC / Amp - so low impedance is important.
Also, I work with people near me, so the headset should be closed by design and less leaky.

Most of the people in office have the Bose QC35's, but I'm sure there's a better headset for the price (up to $500).

Would love your help !
- Danny

You can do better than the QC35. You might check out the NAD HP50 and the B&W P7. The latter has a bit of bass emphasis, the former is quite neutral. Both are excellent. A less expensive option is the AKG K553 Pro, which is also quite neutral and very good--very affordable despite how good it is. There are not a ton of options in the under $500 range for closed headphones. A few thoughts.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 4
In that price range there are the HP50's PM-3's and Meze 99 Classics that I have heard.All have a different sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back