Best "low end" customs for me?
Jan 14, 2009 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jtgamble

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi!

I've been a long time lurker, but have finally decided to really take the plunge and get myself some custom IEMs. After reading through more pages than I can count, I'm no where near deciding which I should get. So, that's where YOU come in!
biggrin.gif

My question, is this: What are, in your opinion, the best "low end" custom IEMs? I don't mean I'm looking to spend 50 bucks, but I can't afford a pair of UE 11s. I'm willing to spend up to as much as the UE 5 pro's.

What will I use them for? They'll mostly be used with my iPhone 3G. I listen to a huge range of music, so I don't want something that's really "best" for one type of listening, they should be good all arounders. I don't want a TON of bass, but I like it to be present.

So, please, let me know what you think. Also, if you're of the opinion that an amp or something else is needed to get the best out of the phones (or if not having an amp would change your recommendation) please make note
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm all about the explanation behind your choice/recommendation! I come to learn, so please educate me!!!

Thanks!

PS - Westone isn't listed in the poll because I haven't really been able to find good pricing info, but if they're in the price range feel free to recommend!

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 9
Giving this one bump cause I'd love to get some input before I buy! Thanks!!!

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 9
enzo728 - Could you tell which you would recommend instead since you voted for other? Just curious which other options I've got
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get some marshmellows from jvc?

Looking for recommendations for custom IEMs
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #8 of 9
Last bump before I make my decision! Pros/Cons to any or all of the above are welcome!

My fianl question would be: are the UE 5's worth 250 more than the rest?

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #9 of 9
You should be able to get the ue-5c still even though it is not on their website. Westone es2 is around the 650 range, ue-5c is around 550 range. I personally would get either of these or the hyc3. I have not heard the c3 so I am unaware of the sound, but if they are close to the westone or the ue then I would go the c3 route. 365.00 is pretty tempting for custom triple driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back