Best low budget headphones?
Nov 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ludesco

New Head-Fier
My father desperately needs a pair of headphones. He's using a busted pair of Apple earbuds (the really terrible ones). As per Head-Fi's recommendations, I went out and got him a pair of Grado SR80i's, but he promptly returned them, because he didn't want that much money being spent on him (he is a family man). It's really painful watching him use his current pair of earphones, as he is very passionate about music. We did some searching around, and found Shure SRH240. This is the desired price range ($60 - $80). I was wondering what head-fi recommends in terms of this budget. He has an amp, equalizer, and all the things that an audiophile would have. He listens to music from the 50s to 90s, his favourite band being Pink Floyd. We live in Toronto, and headphones that are easily accessible in Canada would be appreciated, but that's not really a factor. He also holds build quality in high regard; it is of higher priority than sound quality.

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 8
  My father desperately needs a pair of headphones. He's using a busted pair of Apple earbuds (the really terrible ones). As per Head-Fi's recommendations, I went out and got him a pair of Grado SR80i's, but he promptly returned them, because he didn't want that much money being spent on him (he is a family man). It's really painful watching him use his current pair of earphones, as he is very passionate about music. We did some searching around, and found Shure SRH240. This is the desired price range ($60 - $80). I was wondering what head-fi recommends in terms of this budget. He has an amp, equalizer, and all the things that an audiophile would have. He listens to music from the 50s to 90s, his favourite band being Pink Floyd. We live in Toronto, and headphones that are easily accessible in Canada would be appreciated, but that's not really a factor. He also holds build quality in high regard; it is of higher priority than sound quality.

I'm assuming your father is using some portable Apple device for playing music audio?
JVC HA-S400 or HA-S500.

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 8
You could get a second hand pair of SR60i or SR80i here at the forums for a pretty nice price, if you keep an eye open for them.....some great deals to be had on the b/s/t with some great guys and gals.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Sorry, I missed that part.

I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back