Best Looking Meter's
Sep 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 100
^^^ Wow, what amp is that from!?

Dan D'Angostino. Founder of Krell.

Can't say I'm terribly impressed by its overall industrial design though.

se

It's a subjective look that's for sure. At $44,000 a pair it's a bit steep. I do love the watch movement-like jeweled meter with the bridge. The meter would be a pretty penny itself.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #18 of 100
I like some of their other amps better, but elements of it are neat.  Still a little bit tasteless, though.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #20 of 100

I like the blue ones 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #23 of 100

Quote:
Dan D'Angostino. Founder of Krell.

Can't say I'm terribly impressed by its overall industrial design though.

se

Are you kidding? Have you ever seen his earlier amps?   ugly!  And I owned 4 of them.  Heaven forbid you fell onto one the large hideous heat sinks would slice and dice you to death.   But these new amps if you ask me look like fancy produce crispers you find at the bottom a expensive refrigerators.  I think the meter on this model actually says "Less Humid--More Humid"

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #24 of 100
Oh lord the produce crisper.  I liked the Krell FPB series of amps.  They would probably be seen as ugly by many, but they had neat-shaped sinks and were cruel and industrial looking.  And the MRA is just badass.

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #25 of 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you kidding? Have you ever seen his earlier amps?   ugly!  And I owned 4 of them.  Heaven forbid you fell onto one the large hideous heat sinks would slice and dice you to death. 

Yes, I've seen his earlier amps.

Heatsinks? What heatsinks?

biggrin.gif

se

Sep 23, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #26 of 100

Quote:

Yes, I've seen his earlier amps.

Heatsinks? What heatsinks?

biggrin.gif

se

Wow what Krell is that with no heat sinks  Judging by the handles and the on off switch and no light indicator must be very early 80's?    The Krells from mid 80's on had enormous heat fins so dastardly and sharp that it was reported small children running near the amps would often fall accidentally into the enormous fins never to be seen again.  Not only were they sliced and diced by the sharp protruding dispersers of heat but they also vaporized on contact.  I think I lost a few cats that way, and maybe one girlfriend.  I never did buy the stories that either one of them ran off.

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #29 of 100
I used to have an old Sansui receiver that had a "magic eye" tube that was used as a tuning meter for the radio. I can't find a picture online
of the version I had, but looking on youtube I see that some people have taken the tube and done some cool things.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #30 of 100

Quote:
Wow what Krell is that with no heat sinks  Judging by the handles and the on off switch and no light indicator must be very early 80's?    The Krells from mid 80's on had enormous heat fins so dastardly and sharp that it was reported small children running near the amps would often fall accidentally into the enormous fins never to be seen again.  Not only were they sliced and diced by the sharp protruding dispersers of heat but they also vaporized on contact.  I think I lost a few cats that way, and maybe one girlfriend.  I never did buy the stories that either one of them ran off.

The heat sinks are likely inside the outer chassis shell.....

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back