Best looking headphones?
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #31 of 44
I really love the look of the ATH M50. If only they sounded like they look.
I like the idea of Momentums but I dislike the design. They look terribly gimicky. The V Modas look like a 1337 gamer alienware headset, definitely not something I'd like to own.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #33 of 44
I really love the look of the ATH M50. If only they sounded like they look.
I like the idea of Momentums but I dislike the design. They look terribly gimicky. The V Modas look like a 1337 gamer alienware headset, definitely not something I'd like to own.

How do you think the M50 should sound? To me they look like a practical, no-nonsense studio monitor with neutral-ish sound that's very revealing of treble flaws in a recording, and that's exactly what they sound like. I also didn't like the V-Moda look to begin with but they've been growing on me. I definitely prefer a classy, elegant design like the Sony 1R than the grungy, indie design of the V-Moda though.  
Speaking of Alienware, am I the only one who finds "gamer" PC cases hideous? Maybe it's because I'm not a gamer... but I would never want one of those ugly gaming cases in my house. The HP Elite series cases, on the other hand... ah, elegance!

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #35 of 44
How do you think the M50 should sound? To me they look like a practical, no-nonsense studio monitor with neutral-ish sound that's very revealing of treble flaws in a recording, and that's exactly what they sound like. I also didn't like the V-Moda look to begin with but they've been growing on me. I definitely prefer a classy, elegant design like the Sony 1R than the grungy, indie design of the V-Moda though.

Speaking of Alienware, am I the only one who finds "gamer" PC cases hideous? Maybe it's because I'm not a gamer... but I would never want one of those ugly gaming cases in my house. The HP Elite series cases, on the other hand... ah, elegance!

It's not so much about how I think they should sound rather than how I would like them to sound. They're much too V shaped for me, I like a mid forward sound. When I say "if only they sounded like they look" I mean if only they pleased my ears as much as they please my eyes. I wasn't trying to say that their sound signature doesn't fit their aesthetic style.

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #37 of 44
I'd say audeze's and the fidelio x1 are the best looking headphones at the moment. Both companies really nailed it with the design

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:
I'd say audeze's and the fidelio x1 are the best looking headphones at the moment. Both companies really nailed it with the design

I agree with you on the X1 but not the audeze.  I also agree about the M100 that the other poster mentioned.

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #44 of 44
My favourite looking headphones are by Marshall, not sure of the exact name, but they are really cool. Here is a link from the place I'm gonna get 'em. Anyone know if I can get them cheaper anywhere else? http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Marshall-Major-White-Headphones-with-Hands-Free-Speakerphone-Mic_i7033.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back