Best Living Room System for €300- €400
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #33 of 43
OK so I'm all confused again and in dire need of advice. I am due to collect my A5+ tomorrow but I've seen a good deal on http://exceptional-av.co.uk/hifi/hifi-bundles/show/all.html for amp/speaker bundles. I'm now thinking should I go for one of these instead?? I am leaning towards the Dali Zensor 1 and the Marantz PM6005 or Marantz MCR 510. Please if someone could advise what would be my best option as I am due to collect the A5s tomorrow and I don't wanna make the wrong choice. Thanks

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #34 of 43
In terms of sound quality alone I don't think you can make a wrong choice by any measure.
A5+ are very good speakers for the price and so would be an amp-speaker combo (from what you listed).
The combo would be worth considering only if you have an actual use for buying separates, otherwise it's not worth losing sleep over.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #35 of 43
What do you mean by having actual use for seperates? I think the network capabilities of the CDR510 would very beneficial. However it's more the best quality sound I am after.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #36 of 43
I mean if you need some of the extra features those stereo receivers would give you (network streaming, radio tuner and so on).
If you do, then obviously that choice would suit you better.
I don't think sound quality is much of a factor in this decision, as both will sound largely similar.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #37 of 43
OK so I'm all confused again and in dire need of advice. I am due to collect my A5+ tomorrow but I've seen a good deal on http://exceptional-av.co.uk/hifi/hifi-bundles/show/all.html for amp/speaker bundles. I'm now thinking should I go for one of these instead?? I am leaning towards the Dali Zensor 1 and the Marantz PM6005 or Marantz MCR 510. Please if someone could advise what would be my best option as I am due to collect the A5s tomorrow and I don't wanna make the wrong choice. Thanks

You will need to find someone who has heard both those speakerd. I suggest the AVS speaker forum and put both models in the subject line of your post.

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #38 of 43
Ok so I decided to go with a Marantz MCR510 and Q Acoustics 2020i and have to say I thought I made the right choice up until this morning. I went with the MCR510 because of its wireless capabilities as this was a huge selling point over a stand alone amp although a stand alone amp would have better SQ. However I have just discovered that my PS3 can stream wirless with my android phone, iPad and PC. This kinda defeats the need for the wireless amp as I could of bought a better sound producing amp such as the Marantz PM6005 and played wireless through the PS3. I am now thinking of exchanging the MCR510 for the PM6005. Whats your thoughts please?

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #42 of 43
How much of a difference in SQ is there between these and say a dedicated amp such as the PM6005?

Did you look up Audyssey MultEQ yet to learn what it does? Room acoustics are a much bigger factor in SQ than whatever difference there might be between those amps.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #43 of 43
Also, your budget allocation is bass ackwards if you are after SQ. You should be spending more money on the speakers and much less on the amp. Don't believe me? Go ask the guys here or here who know speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back