Best line-out device for 5G iPod (not Remote)
Apr 28, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 23
Bangraman, I thought you had mentioned in some previous thread that it is possible to get an exact lineout signal from the headphone jack of the iPod at the right volume? Have you confirmed if 0 gain in Rockbox achieves this too?

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 23
^ Interesting theory...

And thanks everybody for your input...be looking into that link and all.

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
it's actually his old one...i remember the hooded bangra avatar from years ago
wink.gif

I only go back as far as the headshot of the guy with the superhero suit and the bug goggles.

Apr 28, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I only go back as far as the headshot of the guy with the superhero suit and the bug goggles.

I decided to recycle. It's what happens when you run out of ideas, only I'm calling it 'retro'. And how dare you besmirch the God Of Love. I take all my life and love tips from the legend that is Fabio.

crazychimp132, to be honest I haven't even bothered running Rockbox on the 5G yet. I used to run it on the Photo and it's not really my personal interest to turn a perfectly good iPod into an H320
wink.gif
I'll get around to it though.

Apr 28, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I decided to recycle. It's what happens when you run out of ideas, only I'm calling it 'retro'. And how dare you besmirch the God Of Love. I take all my life and love tips from the legend that is Fabio.

Aw, you're just miffed because I referred to him as "Favio". By the way, I understand that he *is* running Rockbox daily builds on his 5G.
icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #22 of 23
Does anyone just use the regular/standard apple dock that you can get right at the store for line out ...or is it inferior to these other replacements. I realize these others are portable where the apple one has to set on a surface, but are they providing a similar line out quality or is there any great difference?

Apr 29, 2006 at 10:32 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawntp
Does anyone just use the regular/standard apple dock that you can get right at the store for line out ...or is it inferior to these other replacements. I realize these others are portable where the apple one has to set on a surface, but are they providing a similar line out quality or is there any great difference?

The short: It's inferior

The long: Wait for my upcoming reviews.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back