Best legal download site?
May 14, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #18 of 27
Why are you all recommending allofmp3.com... It is *not* a legal download site! I know they offer all formats and non-compressed versions, but the money you spend there won't go to the artists (or the music corporations for that matter). I'd go for (second hand) CDs on ebay and the local music store personally.

May 14, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by NickGrts
Why are you all recommending allofmp3.com... It is *not* a legal download site! I know they offer all formats and non-compressed versions, but the money you spend there won't go to the artists (or the music corporations for that matter). I'd go for (second hand) CDs on ebay and the local music store personally.

yes, it is. they pay the ROMS people in Russia, which pays the songwirters or whoever

the money you pay for actual cd's or on itunes, etc don't go to the artist either, or atleast not very much of it

May 14, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by NickGrts

Prove to us that it is illegal... wait you can't, therefore its legal.
now if you want to make an argument about it being unethical you might be able to make a legitimate point.
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #23 of 27
Its not exactly legal, and its not exactly illegal. Its in a grey area, there was a huge thread dedicated to this argument if you feel like exersizing your legal muscles.

May 15, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #26 of 27
yes, the prices are real, and the site is legal

allofmp3.com charges $0.02 per MB. so if you were to buy an album in cd quality using .wav, you would pay almost as much as buying an actual cd, so I don't know why people think it's insanely cheap

May 15, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd
yes, the prices are real, and the site is legal

allofmp3.com charges $0.02 per MB. so if you were to buy an album in cd quality using .wav, you would pay almost as much as buying an actual cd, so I don't know why people think it's insanely cheap

ahh, i didnt see that.. I thought it was really 10 cents for the track at any rate. Knew it was too good to be true. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back