Best, kink-free earphone wrapping technique
Nov 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 13
Very interesting technique but how well would it work with IEM thick cables? I know that the UE cables wont wrap that easy!

on other things, the camera work was beyond shoddy! They should see how anythingbutipod do their videos.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 13
actually..thats the way i wrap all my iem cables and i did that with shure cables when i had them and those are pretty thick cables so it would work fine.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #4 of 13
Wow. I had to watch and try it several times to get the hang of it, but it really works. No kinking at all. Thanks for sharing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 13
Why would anyone want their headphones to be free of The Kinks? It just baffles me.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #11 of 13
I use the over-under technique (aka roadie wrap, etc) for everything from power cables to rope to audio. It's something you pick up very fast in the pro audio environment. Those guys will lynch you if they catch you improperly wrapping their cables.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the over-under technique (aka roadie wrap, etc) for everything from power cables to rope to audio. It's something you pick up very fast in the pro audio environment. Those guys will lynch you if they catch you improperly wrapping their cables.

Ergh, tell me about it. I work in Media Services (setting up audio/video equipment), and I'm still trying to get the hang of it; people jump on you if they see you did it improperly, and it easily shows if you messed up.

Dec 4, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #13 of 13
I prefer the over under over the devil horns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back