Best keyboards for gaming!
Jun 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #61 of 275
Quote:
Those Max's are very intriguing. It looks like they are everything the Deck should have been. I hadn't heard anything about them and I did a lot of research before buying my Filco. Maybe I will make that my next purchase instead of the Topre. Have you used any other Mechanical boards that you can use for comparison in quality?

Also, what are the differences in the Nighthawk X8 and the G1NL? Is there anything other than aesthetics?

What didn't you like about your Deck board?  That's one I was considering before I found the Max.

If you don't need the backlighting, then I'm sure the Filco is every bit as nice as the Max boards (and they've been around a lot longer).  In the end, the Cherry switches are really the most important part as long as the board is made well, right?

Regarding other mechanical boards, I have a CM Storm (Cooler Master) Quickfire Pro at work.  It is very sturdily-built, and feels and types just like my Max.  I would have kept the Quickfire Pro for home, but I realized I needed full 104-key backlighting in that room.  Note that I've only had the Quickfire Pro for about a month, so I don't have that much experience with either.

Other than the shell, the Tesoro Durandal Ultimate boards actually look a LOT like the Nighthawk.  They might actually feature the same guts?  (The headset and USB jacks appear to be in exactly the same place, seems to be the same cord, and the cord emerges from the board in the same position.)  I hadn't heard of the G1NL board before today.

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #63 of 275
nice reads, you guys got any suggestion on a $100 Cherry MX Brown board, I saw the new Cool Master it was like $119, but I kinda need to only spend about 100, and sadly Macros would be nice as well, since I play Fighters, Rpg's and Shooters >.>

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #65 of 275
I snagged a logitech G11 at a great price a few years ago and haven't looked back. After years of constant use it still looks and works like new. The macro keys are great for MMOs. The software for programming them is a breeze to use. Between my G11 and my Razer Naga MMo mouse I can always program buttons and shortcuts right where I need them :)

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #66 of 275
I was in love with my Rev. 1 G15 for many years. I then introduced myself to the world of mechanical keyboards and haven't looked back. Your G11, same design as my G15(minus the LCD screen was one of the better dome boards ever made IMO, but trust me, a mechanical board will put it to shame.

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #67 of 275
Quote:
nice reads, you guys got any suggestion on a $100 Cherry MX Brown board, I saw the new Cool Master it was like $119, but I kinda need to only spend about 100, and sadly Macros would be nice as well, since I play Fighters, Rpg's and Shooters >.>

The Cooler Master Storm Quickfire Pro is a full 104-key board with Cherry MX Browns, and it's less than $100 USD on Amazon.  And. if you don't need/want a numpad, then CM's Quickfire Rapid is only $76 on Amazon.  Typing on a Quickfire Pro right now.  They are built very sturdily.

I have one of the Max Nighthawks, but haven't seen the unlit Durandal model in person.  I will say that Max's customer service seems to be very good, so that's a plus.

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #68 of 275
Quote:
and my Razer Naga MMo mouse I can always program buttons and shortcuts right where I need them
smily_headphones1.gif

I will totally second your praise for the Razer Naga mouse.  I've had mine for a few years and love it for gaming!

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #69 of 275
I ended up buying a cheap keyboard today for the pc i am using now while i am waiting for the amd7990s to be released(and then i can start to build my new gaming pc)it's the microsoft media 600 wired keyboard which was the only one that they had in stock in the shop but it's still a good keyboard that feels nice for typing! My gaming keyboard will either be the razer black widow stealth edition with razer mamba or the logitech g19 g13 and g700 gaming mouse! p.s does anyone know which is the best gaming keyboard the g19 or g510?

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #73 of 275
I've been starting to go a bit keyboard crazy lately, got a filco full sized camo with brown switches and a tenkeyless with mx blacks.  Even though I must have read dozens of testimonials complaining about the 60g of actuation pressure on the black keys, I find them far superior to the browns for gaming in general, especially FPS titles.  Case in point, my battlefield performance has improved considerably with the blacks, I no longer find myself hitting the wrong key when trying to switch weapons from the 1-5 keys, for example.  Surprisingly though, I also seem to type with less errors on the black keys, though the browns are definitely just as nice.  It really seems to come down to preference and what types of games you play.  Personally, I tend to slam on the keys with massive force so that might be why I seem to be gravitating towards the black switches.  I'm really curious to try the blues and reds though!

Speaking of which, Amazon has the cooler master quickfire rapid for 67 dollars now, which has blue switches and is supposedly a filco clone with a more plasticy (and arguably uglier) construction.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-QuickFire-Mechanical-SGK-4000-GKCL1-US/dp/B0068INSUM

Edit: seems to be back to 76, meh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back