Best keyboards for gaming!
May 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #31 of 275
Joypads... 90% of the games today only support an XBox 360 Controller for windows, so you either buy one of those and have zero problems right out of the box.
Or you have to run an emulator such as x360ce

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/MainPage

I run this with my Rumblepad 2 from Logitech and the games detect the Rumblepad as a 360 Controller. :) You just have to drop the x360ce files in the games directory.

May 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #32 of 275
Quote:
Joypads... 90% of the games today only support an XBox 360 Controller for windows, so you either buy one of those and have zero problems right out of the box.
Or you have to run an emulator such as x360ce

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/MainPage

I run this with my Rumblepad 2 from Logitech and the games detect the Rumblepad as a 360 Controller. :) You just have to drop the x360ce files in the games directory.

Nice, that's conveient. I've not actually had to much issue with the logitech driver actaully, [so long as the game loads without a freaking client] the driver will boot the game and the game pad with Key Board configs, so the game thinks your Game pad is just a keyboard in essance. I've been suprised by how mny games it's worked with honestly :3

May 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #33 of 275
The Logitech software works really nice.
Mostly it's the direct ports of XBox or PS3 games you'll need the emulator for, easier for the programmers to support one API and make known calls to x_input...

Ahh back in the old days games all came with config layouts for all the different Joysticks... MechWarrior 2 and Flightsim... but I digress. :)

May 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #34 of 275
Quote:
The Logitech software works really nice.
Mostly it's the direct ports of XBox or PS3 games you'll need the emulator for, easier for the programmers to support one API and make known calls to x_input...

Ahh back in the old days games all came with config layouts for all the different Joysticks... MechWarrior 2 and Flightsim... but I digress. :)

I know I know, xD we had an old Joy Stick. I'll have to look into that emulator though, the instructions still aren't to clear but nothing we can't fool around with to learn.

But primarly, I like game pad for Driving games... as I suck HARD without em [xD got in to some nasty Crashes with my key board in DiRT 3 yesterday lol]

May 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #35 of 275
Quote:
:[, I'm sorry to hear that. My Dual action pad is working nicely on my new system! That takes care of my Dugeon Crawling and Driving needs, just need a Key Board and mice pair for MMO and FPS, in addition I got a hard drive that disappeared.. It was the only one that they had in the shop i will probably use it for a driving game or something...I returned syndicate because the code wouldn't work in enchange for alan wake it's turning out to be a decent game it's a bit like stephen king doing a silent hill game..And you say that you had a hard drive that disappeard,i had to do a factory reset on my pc and my blue ray player has vanished but that's pc's for you they are not plug and play like consoles!

May 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #36 of 275
If you consider the G19 have a look at this thread on the logitech support forum. This thread I found when I was looking for a gaming keyboard with backlight..

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/G19-Windows-7-and-x58-790i-motherboards-Official-thread/td-p/433799

It pretty much scared me off from buying. Im sure there's alot of people without any issues but after seeing 28 pages of people reporting issues of losing connection with the G19 and other issues caused by its USB connection I went looking for something else.

a + is that Logitech seems to be very active there trying to help though

May 26, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #38 of 275
I recently upgraded  my keyboard and decided to move over to a mechanical board and got the cm storm quickfire w/ mx browns. I decided to switch over from rubber dome boards because of the better typing experience and with the higher end rubber dome boards it just seemed like you were paying for eye candy. 

May 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #39 of 275
Quote:
I recently upgraded  my keyboard and decided to move over to a mechanical board and got the cm storm quickfire w/ mx browns. I decided to switch over from rubber dome boards because of the better typing experience and with the higher end rubber dome boards it just seemed like you were paying for eye candy. 

May 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #40 of 275
Did you check out the Thermaltake Esports Challenger Ultimate? when i researched these keyboards I couldnt find any serious issues and they seem to rate very high. The only thing I didnt like (on my challenger which is the basic model) was that it made alot more sound than my old ibm keyboard

You can find lots of youtube reviews on the board :)

May 27, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #41 of 275
I was in the market for a new keyboard and decided on the Razer BlackWidow with the Cherry MX Blue keys, the 'clicky' ones. I can see how for fast and frequent doubletapping you might want to go for a different model, but for typing, FPS, RPG, pretty much all my gaming needs, I absolutely love it. Especially coming from a dome keyboard.

May 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #42 of 275
I've been using a Filco Ninja Majestouch with MX Brown's for the past few months and am VERY happy with it. I have gotten 3 other friends to switch to Mechanical boards since my purchase as well.(2 using Filco's like mine and the other using a Das) One of the best purchases you can make as far as computer peripherals go. I came from a rev. 1 Logitech G15, which was, in many peoples opinon, the best dome gaming keyboard ever offered. I have used a Logitech G19 and was very unimpressed with the keys on that in comparison to my G15(this was before I had the Filco). I've also owned a couple Microsoft Natural Ergonomics which were very nice as far as dome boards go.  My next purchase will be a Topre RealForce, as I hear great things about them.

I do miss a few things about my G15 though. Backlit keys are very nice for gaming in the dark and media and 'g' keys do come in handy, but there are getting to be more options. The Ducky Shine is readily available now and Cooler Master has been coming out with some interesting offerings, but I don't know if i could give up on the Filco quality to go to one of those boards.

May 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #43 of 275
Quote:
I've been using a Filco Ninja Majestouch with MX Brown's for the past few months and am VERY happy with it. I have gotten 3 other friends to switch to Mechanical boards since my purchase as well.(2 using Filco's like mine and the other using a Das) One of the best purchases you can make as far as computer peripherals go. I came from a rev. 1 Logitech G11, which was, in many peoples opinon, the best dome gaming keyboard ever offered. I have used a Logitech G19 and was very unimpressed with the keys on that in comparison to my G11(this was before I had the Filco). I've also owned a couple Microsoft Natural Ergonomics which were very nice as far as dome boards go.  My next purchase will be a Topre RealForce, as I hear great things about them.

I do miss a few things about my G11 though. Backlit keys are very nice for gaming in the dark and media and 'g' keys do come in handy, but there are getting to be more options. The Ducky Shine is readily available now and Cooler Master has been coming out with some interesting offerings, but I don't know if i could give up on the Filco quality to go to one of those boards.

I am going to have to get one,the joypad i just bought won't programme with battlefield3 properly so i will have to use it for a racer or something i am thinking of getting the microsoft backlit one i think it's the x4 wired one..better for gaming wired,it will be for battlefield3 flying the choppers! p.s what it was the gaming shops don't sell keyboards anymore and the shop that sells them is quite far up the road and i couldn't be bothered walking that far so i bought a joypad and a game instead!

May 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #44 of 275
I don't know what flying a chopper in BF3 is like, but if it's anything like BF2 or the earlier titles, I'd want nothing less than a full-size flight stick. As a friend of mine put it, the flight controls are surprisingly realistic for such an overall unrealistic game, to the point that they're not really comfortable without proper flight controls.

(And they're still very unrealistic if you start moving into hardcore flight sims like IL-2 Sturmovik or Falcon 4.0 or the DCS series, but that's a topic for another thread.)

Then again, chances are they tweaked the flight models to be more comfortable for gamepad use at the expense of flight sticks. Wouldn't surprise me at all given the direction the Battlefield series is heading in.

May 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #45 of 275
Quote:
I don't know what flying a chopper in BF3 is like, but if it's anything like BF2 or the earlier titles, I'd want nothing less than a full-size flight stick. As a friend of mine put it, the flight controls are surprisingly realistic for such an overall unrealistic game, to the point that they're not really comfortable without proper flight controls.

(And they're still very unrealistic if you start moving into hardcore flight sims like IL-2 Sturmovik or Falcon 4.0 or the DCS series, but that's a topic for another thread.)

Then again, chances are they tweaked the flight models to be more comfortable for gamepad use at the expense of flight sticks. Wouldn't surprise me at all given the direction the Battlefield series is heading in.

A keyboard and a mouse is about the best thing to play battlefield3 most controllers and flight sticks don't work for some reason! p.s I don't know how you can't not go out and buy battlefield3 it's much better than bad company 2..
p.s this makes you want a game doesn't it,by the way it's not me i am english!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back