Apr 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HeadOnAPike

New Head-Fier
There's:

HAFX35 Marshmallow 
HAFX67 Air Cushions 
HAFXC51 Micro HD 
HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives 

There's a reason I'm sticking with JVC.  In addition to listening to music on my phone, I listen to things on my netbook.  But there's a problem with my netbook.  For any audio device I've used on it other than JVC Marshmallows, the audio "leaks" into the speakers, little tiny bits, and then skips out of the earbuds.  For some reason I don't have this problem with Marshmallows, must be some quirk of the design of the plug, and I'm hoping to have similar results with other JVC headphones.  Any opinions on these?

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 3
I have the HAFX67, HAFXC51, and the HAFX1X. The HAFX67 sounds quite decent, however the midrange is a bit recessed. It is very comfortable and fits me very well. Many say it fits them well. I prefer the sound of the JVC Riptidz, which is less than half the price of the HAFX67. The Riptidz also fits me very well. The JVC HAFXC51 is a microdriver IEM. Its driver goes in the ear canal. This presents fit and comfort problems for many. The driver enclosure is very hard. The HAFXC51 has a very open sound with nice detail. I keep telling myself that the comfort and fit problems will go away if only I could find the right tips to use with it. I tried the tips I have, and none seem to work well with it. Other may have different experiences as far as comfort and fit. I also have fit issues with the HAFX1X. It sticks way out of my ears, and I can't get a good seal with it.I tried using various tips i have, and none worked well. The bass on the HAFX1X while very strong also seems unnatural. Some love the bass on this. I greatly prefer the Panasonic RP-HJE450 to this in terms of both fit and sound. The HJE450 is ergonomically shaped with oval nozzles. Its bass is also strong, but sounds much more natural than the bass on the HAFX1X. The new JVC HAFX101 looks very interesting. It is cheaper and smaller than the HAFX1X. The new JVC HAFX40 looks very interesting. It is the first earphone with carbon nanotubes. To sum up. Buy the JVC Riptidz. I have seen it for as low as $5.99 on Amazon. It sounds quite good for the price. It is my favorite IEM under $20. I guess the JVC HAFX67 may also be worth buying, even though it isn't as much of a bargain as the Riptidz. The HAFXC51 and HAFX1X might give you fit problems. The new HAFX101 and HAFX40 seem interesting(I haven't heard them yet). In addition to the RP-HJE450, there are other Panasonic IEMs that look interesting, the new RP-HJE355 and RP-HJE 290. http://www.headphonezone.com/news/jvc/jvc-announces-hafr201-hafx101-xtreme-xplosives.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back