BEST Jobs for College Students???????????
May 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't pay me nothing

So, how much do they pay you then?
wink.gif

May 10, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 44
Work at the media/movie desk in the library. All you have to do is occasionally give people movies, give them headphones, and start projectors. Other than that you get paid to do homework and watch films.

May 10, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #20 of 44
Are you thinking about a year-round job, just at school, or just summer? I think two jobs is a good idea, especially if you've held a job for a while before (a year or two at the same place can look good). I focus on quality of job than pay during the summer.

Security can go both ways, depending on how your school handles it. I've known girls who get to do building security where they mainly just help people who are lost, and this allows them to do homework all the time. My friends who are guys that work security are almost always moving and can't get any work done.

People who work in our mail room get to do homework almost all the time.

Other than those jobs and ones previously mentioned, I don't really know of much that gives you downtime with the ability to study.

May 10, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by porfryrieggwo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just quit retail. I HATE RETAIL.

What are some great jobs for college students?

What are your criteria for a great job?
Lots of social interaction? Convenient hours? High pay? Down time while on the job?

When I consider my college jobs, my kids' and my students' --I've been a professor for some thirty years, I feel old. Once I get over that, I really think one ought to consider the big picture when evaluating jobs. In my opinion, at this stage of your life the best job is the one that gives you the most information--what a job tells you about the world and what it tells you about you. That you had a job in retail that you hated is a good thing because now you have a better sense of where not to seek your niche.

Consider the difficulty of career choice. It seems impossible to know what you will enjoy doing without actually doing it. That's the kind of learning that college internships are intended to provide. So, my advice is to use jobs to seek out experiences that allow you a taste of where you think you might be headed with your vocational choice. The feedback they can offer you can inform the rest of your life.

I wish you the best.

May 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how much do they pay you then?
wink.gif

It's the only job you get to pay and work.
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #23 of 44
Having a job on campus is always convenient. One of my friends works for computing services, and from what I can tell, they basically pay him to do his homework and occasionally refill the printers with paper.

The best college job I can think of would probably be as a bartender though.

May 10, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #24 of 44
I tutor people in AutoCAD. I charge 10 dollars and hour and usually work around 5 hours a week depending on how difficult the projects are that week. It isn't the best paying if you are looking for steady income, but as a little supplement it is great.

May 10, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #25 of 44
The Uni should have various jobs available. Being a computer tech is a good gig, a couple of my friends did that job but then you have to deal with people. I worked the cafeteria, you got free meals out of that plus a little spending cash. During the summers I intern, these days I get salary, benefits, and relocation packages. I can make as much or more in the summer as I do from my stipends that get over the nine months during school.

May 10, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #27 of 44
i dunno what type of work you like, however when i was in college i was working at a local bar as a bartender.

Not only did you get to talk with people, you got most of you money in cash which is nice. Also, now how many women do you think you meet in a night? I dont think i ever got so laid ahaha...

cept for a friend who was a cheer boy (not kidding), that kid got more women then anyone i knew. I think he dated half the cheerleaders.

May 10, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #28 of 44
Get a job at a small company, and don't work weekends if you can manage it. I work 3 days a week and go to school 2 days a week, and I have weekends completely free.

For the love of god don't go into retail if you want to have any time off on the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back