Best isolating IEM under 100$ ?
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #19 of 34
If you really want isolation go with what someone said, the shure's are great for isolation.
I don't think changing the tips to a certain extent will make it that much better.

Sure, Comply's tips will help, but won't help the design of your earphones. (vented, angled etc)

Cheapest option is to try new tips, and then go for new earphones.

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #20 of 34

Quote:
If you really want isolation go with what someone said, the shure's are great for isolation.
I don't think changing the tips to a certain extent will make it that much better.

Sure, Comply's tips will help, but won't help the design of your earphones. (vented, angled etc)

Cheapest option is to try new tips, and then go for new earphones.

As I said, my sony cable failed. inside the left bud.

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #22 of 34

Quote:
Sorry...must have missed that or overlooked it.

Then in that case your in the market for anew IEMs?

If so, at what range (price)
and what taste? (bass or something more for classical...)

60-70$
Good isolation. Cable more durable than the sony.

Its just to use at school. I use my beyers for anything else :p

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #23 of 34
I still think the MC5 covers all your demands, and it is very comfortable with the ety foam tips. and if you dont like how light the bass is, they respond well to EQ or bass boost

900x600px-LL-31fba790_clipzo2etymc52.jpeg

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #24 of 34
If you get the Etys it's worth giving the triflange tips a chance (there are two sizes supplied with the phones.) They give arguably the best performance in both SQ and isolation, After an initial adjustment period, nowadays I can wear mine comfortably for hours.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #25 of 34

Quote:
If you get the Etys it's worth giving the triflange tips a chance (there are two sizes supplied with the phones.) They give arguably the best performance in both SQ and isolation, After an initial adjustment period, nowadays I can wear mine comfortably for hours.

this is true, but personally I cant stand the triple flanges for more than 30 minutes.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #26 of 34
Oh, I realize many people can't tolerate them, but I just think it's worth Ety newbies' while to give them a fair trial. You never know.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #27 of 34

Quote:
60-70$
Good isolation. Cable more durable than the sony.

Its just to use at school. I use my beyers for anything else :p

Etymotics are good-uns and shure's for isolation (see below)

Quote:
I still think the MC5 covers all your demands, and it is very comfortable with the ety foam tips. and if you dont like how light the bass is, they respond well to EQ or bass boost

900x600px-LL-31fba790_clipzo2etymc52.jpeg

Nice setup!
Although I would have thought they go right in - whereas with your setup, the foamies will keep them "out" if that makes sense

Quote:
this is true, but personally I cant stand the triple flanges for more than 30 minutes.

same lol

Quote:
Oh, I realize many people can't tolerate them, but I just think it's worth Ety newbies' while to give them a fair trial. You never know.

More about comfort than anything...they just hurt my ears.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #28 of 34

Quote:
Nice setup!
Although I would have thought they go right in - whereas with your setup, the foamies will keep them "out" if that makes sense

all the foam part goes inside. they go in until the red barrel touches the start of the canal. a very comfortable deep insertion.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
god damn.

How you get all that in....is beyond me (dirty mind hahaha)

its not that large, lol. and you have to compress it by rolling it with your fingers, like an industrial earplug. then it gets really thin and goes in easily, you can feel when the foam expands back and seal the canal.

33.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back