Best iPod EQ setting for ipod default headphones?
Feb 28, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 25
IMO. flat. but its all about your taste, experiment with all of the settings and see which you like
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 25
off.

Feb 28, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 25
If you are not hearing the distortion that the EQ creates, then walk, no run away from this board..... It is the worst EQ process I have ever listened to.

Feb 28, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 25
off.

Feb 28, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 25
Most of the built-in EQ settings distort the sound of the iPod, but on my mini, I find the Latin setting to even out the Shure e3c nicely without distortion.

However, since the question at hand concerns the stock iPod buds, my suggestion is to keep the EQ off...then throw the stock buds away immediately.

Feb 28, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #10 of 25
If you are using the stock buds, the distortion is probably between bearable and unperceivable. I like the acoustic and rock settings. Although this is one of those questions that heavily depends upon your tastes and music preferences. I do second a previous post about running away though. Hang out here too long and most phones you have yet heard will be intolerable. Come to think of it, kidnap me too, take me to a de-programmer and set me free in the wilderness.

Feb 28, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #11 of 25
EQ settings such as Rock and Latin sound alright on some headphones, but still distorts on parts of the track.

they are utter crap on the iPod earbuds.

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sony_man
no everything off, ipods equalizer sucks. screw apple.

flamebait? i'm not biting.

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sony_man
screw apple.

Well, that was a helpful, insightful post.

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #15 of 25
Another vote for leaving the EQ off. I haven't found an EQ setting that didn't distort the sound to some degree. Of course, I've never been a big fan of EQs anyway. Just hate having to change the settings for each song
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back