Best iPod Classic Alarm Clock Dock
Apr 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
I am looking for a new Alarm Clock for my room.

I am looking for one that will be able to have my iPod docked, and use the iPod's music/playlists to wake me up as the alarm.

Also need to ensure it has a remote, and easy to read time (big characters, good illumination for dark etc).

Any suggestions, SQ of the device is a plus!

Apr 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I was on a similar mission very recently, too. But I couldn't find the one that has good SQ, looks and functionality and I ended up getting a Tivoli Model 3 with ipod dock connected to it's line in. So far, I'm happy although it's not as functional as I would like.

iH9 from iHome seems pretty close to your requirement. You can wake up to your custom playlist and it's got a big LCD screen that's easy to read and comes with a remote.

Logitech's been teasing me with Pure-Fi Dream that's about to come out pretty soon. It's got pretty serious features such as motion detector, a 3 inch woofer and a tweeter on each side and all the standards the iH9 has to offer. I might get this to replace my Model 3 when it comes out.

Apr 13, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I use iTunes Alarm that I downloaded from Apples site.

my iMac is connected to me Micro DAC and it's connected to me NAD 710/ Polk RT5's.

I am able to use iTunes playlist and setup multiple alarms for different days. I can also see the time from across the room.

no remote but I use this as a back up alarm. when me other alarms fail to wake me up that NAD makes me jump out of bed.

not exactly what you are looking for but a good alternative. depending on your system, you can't beat the quality of sound over a regular alarm clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back