Best Ipod bud replacement for Non-Audiophile
Jul 15, 2005 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

meesha

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so here's the story. My second friend got robbed of his ipod, probably due to his white ear buds. I am now begining to worry about my female friend who insists on using her white ear buds.
So what would you buy for a person like this. She could care less about audiophileness(?). But i want to buy her something that will persuade her to drop her white earbuds. Style is somewhat a concern (female). I know that mx500 won't fly, I already tried. I'm pretty sure she will not want canal phones either.

So what looks good and sounds good and won't get her jacked for her ipod?

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 27
I'm on top of style, and these nail the style of today

k1000.jpg

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 27
^^^ hobo is a joker ^^^^

Lots of people pan them for their exaggerated sound, but honestly, a good non-audiophile earbud is the Sony EX71 series. I personally don't like them, but they are very comfy, look decent, easy to use, and have an exciting very high impact sound which most people take notice the first time they try them. Most people, even the most-non-audiophile, will notice a big difference.

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 27
I was gonna say that, but he said no canal phone, so your kinda stuck. Especially when the mx500s are a nogo, because ur out of options. Also, where are you that they get jacked?

KSC 75? or 35?

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 27
I consider the EX71's to be only semi-canalphones. They don't really feel like canalphones because they sit on the outer part of the canal. They are superbly comfortable, unlike a true canalphone which takes eons to put in and take out.

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
I'm on top of style, and these nail the style of today

k1000.jpg

Oh geez...She looks at me funny when I wear my portapros, I wonder what she would say if she saw me walk around in those
k1000smile.gif

Do those AT's sound any good. ex71 is semi canal so she probably wont be down with those.

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
Also, where are you that they get jacked?

KSC 75? or 35?

New York City. Seems to be happening more these days for some reason. I would love to get her a ksc-35 or px-100 or portapro, but seems the ugliness factor may play into it. Also she probably likes the size of having buds.

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #13 of 27
I think I may offer her my ex-51's. Other than that I'm not sure what else is out there.

thanks hobo, always putting things in perspective...
eek.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #15 of 27
Yeah, get the px100's. The ex51/71's are decent upgrade but they're not that good in durablity. The px100's are great in sound, portable and BLACK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back