Best iPod battery replacement?
Jun 16, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

onocentaur

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to get an 5g iMod in the near future
tongue.gif
I thought I would get Vinnie to fit an upgraded battery at the same time (I use Rockbox, and love it, but the battery life needs some work...) Now, the largest capacity battery I've seen so far is 950mAh from BatteryUpgrade.com. Does anyone know of a better battery replacement for the iPod 5g?

Jun 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 4
l thinks that's about highest as you can find online.
I was looking for Zune battery too, and 950mah was the highest

***Quick Question : Ipod Video batteries fit Zunes too right??

Jun 18, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 4
ipodjuice.com said the 950 mah battery cracked the screen in their testing which is why the largest they have available is 850 mah. Just make sure it fits or has some form of protection plan if it doesn't. Any applecare is out the window once it is imodded. Vinnie can/will replace things but it wouldn't be his fault really if the battery is too big for the ipod.

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 4
the problem is that you need a trustworthy battery supplier, if the cells expand due to low quality composition, kiss your player goodbye,

its not about the original size, batteries depend on a oxidation/reduction cycle to operate, a chemical reaction which releases energy upon occurance and then can be reversed by applying energy to the cell, the thing is that low quality composits and incomplete reactions will create by products, some of them will change the volume of the battery, leading to internal damage and even external damage to the device using the battery,

my advice, do your homework, research feedback, google is your friend,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back