Best iPod accessories?
Mar 21, 2005 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

46and2

Head-Fier
Long time lurker here... Just got my 30 Gig Photo -- Love it! I want to take this thing everywhere! But, before I empty my wallet, what accessories do fellow head-fiers swear by? The JBL On Stage looks cool for work, Sik Din/Pocket Dock and Zu pivot for ampage. Probably some SR60s, maybe an iTrip for the car, etc. The list goes on and on...

Bottom line, what makes your iPod indespensible?

Please, no iPod bashing. I bought it, I like it. End of story.

Mar 21, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 30
Honestly, I'd have to say that accessories for an iPod are something you should get on a need-to-buy basis. Do you need an iTrip for any particular reason? Would it be useful? It may be a good product, but I personally don't have any need for it. For me, I don't need any accessories, just my headphones. The iPod is a pretty complete package as far as my needs go. Of course, many people will tell you that the number one accessory is a case and number 2 is a Sik Din/PocketDock.

Mar 21, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 30
In a week, iPodLounge's Buyers' Guide 2005 will be published. Last Years was great.

So far my favorite iPod accessories are:
Sik Din, Foofpod and SR-71
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 30
I am probably in the minority in that I have given up using iPod cases and have gone to an iPod Gear Pouch (www.sfbags.com). I find it is perfect for transporting headphones from home to office (though Grados may be too big for it - check out the "inMotion speaker Case" at sfbags - it's a larger version of the Gear Pouch that might work with full size headphones). In either case, there is a very soft place to put your iPod that I find at least hasn't added any new scratches.

I concur on the PocketDock with line out or Sik Din. Add a SuperMacro or SR-71 amp and you've got a killer set-up!

Mar 21, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 30
iPod -> pocket dock -> Xin Super Macro v. 3 -> etys ER-4Ps with custom ear molds.

an iTrip is a nice accessory, despite its non-audiophile quiality.

I Use the Belkin car adapter and ipod holde in the car.

A AI-Net Alpine controller and the iPod interface are on the list for this summer.

A lot of music.

rob

Mar 21, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 30
Well, the reason for the iTrip is to listen in the car... Obviously! I don't want to use it everyday, but when I need to be in the car for more than an hour, I'd like to just bring my iPod and not a stack of discs. I did get an iPod sock, it's just too pretty to scratch.

Would you guys recommend the sik of pocketdock over the apple dock? It seems a lot better just due to the small size. I could always use the pocket dock with a mini to RCA to jack into a stereo, same as the apple dock.

What I am after, is an all-encompassing music solution. At home - either on the stereo or on cans. At work, being charged and softly cranking out tunes. In the car, on occasion, doesn't have to be charging.

Thanks for your suggestions so far, I'm looking forward to that buying guide!

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
I am probably in the minority in that I have given up using iPod cases and have gone to an iPod Gear Pouch (www.sfbags.com). I find it is perfect for transporting headphones from home to office (though Grados may be too big for it - check out the "inMotion speaker Case" at sfbags - it's a larger version of the Gear Pouch that might work with full size headphones). In either case, there is a very soft place to put your iPod that I find at least hasn't added any new scratches.

I concur on the PocketDock with line out or Sik Din. Add a SuperMacro or SR-71 amp and you've got a killer set-up!

I've gotta agree with you, I got frustrated with iPod cases, and have given into small camera bags, etc. I just got a small Lowepro Rezo 20 and it has enough room for my mini, some KSC-75's, and the front pocket fits the mini's belt clip, should I need to use it. Otherwise it will fit a pair of earbuds quite nicely. It has two zippers so you can open it up on each side as much as you need, and it has a velcro-secured belt loop. And the inside is real soft to keep things from getting scratched up (the mini's alot more scratch resistant than the regular ipod, save for the screen).

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0172356

For $15 at Micro Center, it's not bad at all!

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 30
I roll with a "man purse" to work, so that shouldn't be a problem. It's got my lunch, whatever I'm reading, phone, palm, etc. Plenty of room for an iPod -- and since my job isn't really friendly toward headphones and I CAN have speakers, I don't have to carry much stuff.

My iPod sock should protect it enough.

Anybody tried the On Stage -- I've found it for $100, but that's still pretty steep. It is slick, though.

Mar 22, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #13 of 30
I'd like to get as much stuff as possible, pretty much rendering my iPod non-portable. The iBeam sounds like a fantastic idea. Now I can listen to music while I'm shining lasers at commercial airliners.

Mar 22, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #15 of 30
The good thing about iPod is that it's great all by itself!
cool.gif

Nevertheless the Sik Din is indespensable if you want to use it with an amp, and I still adore my Vaja iVolution case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back