Best iPhone forums and resources
Jul 25, 2009 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Dominat0r

Formerly known as HighLife
Hey guys..well...took the plunge...bought a refurb iPhone for 80$.

Im not eligible for a full upgrade till 11/09 but they were nice enough to offer me a refurb at the full discounted price for being a really really long term customer (from Bellsouth Mobility, to ATT, to Cingular, back to ATT). We actually couldnt go back as far as my first contract cause that was back in 1992 and their records do not go back that far hahaa...was funny when i was talking to the ATT rep on the phone about it. And Yes, ive had the same number since 92.

Anyway...need some good resources on the iphone...any good forums, things one should know..

Im going to upgrade to 3.0 and then jail break, what you guys think?

iPhone gurus, please chime in...

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys..well...took the plunge...bought a refurb iPhone for 80$.

Im not eligible for a full upgrade till 11/09 but they were nice enough to offer me a refurb at the full discounted price for being a really really long term customer (from Bellsouth Mobility, to ATT, to Cingular, back to ATT). We actually couldnt go back as far as my first contract cause that was back in 1992 and their records do not go back that far hahaa...was funny when i was talking to the ATT rep on the phone about it. And Yes, ive had the same number since 92.

Anyway...need some good resources on the iphone...any good forums, things one should know..

Im going to upgrade to 3.0 and then jail break, what you guys think?

iPhone gurus, please chime in...

This is a good resource to keep up with the latest iPhone news...

iPhone Atlas: Apple iPhone tips, how-tos, troubleshooting, and news - CNET Reviews

I don't know if the refurb that you got was a 3G-S but I found this video to be useful...

Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 22
I got a 3G 8GB, not the S..

Thanks for the links though..

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 22
Ohh...correction....

I noticed while i was tracking my order that the Iphone has dropped since friday...i paids 80$ and now its 49$..

Quick call to ATT Customer Service and boom.....they refunded me the difference..

49$ iPhone F T W !!

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 22
my oold man must be rolling right now (yes pun intended) at the fact that im getting a iphone being a non apple fan...

but hell for 49$...i mean, its too cheap to pass up.

Keep the resources coming, i love to read...and thank you all.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #13 of 22
wow guys, thanks for the info...

What cases are you guys using for your iphones, would love the name or a link to it....thanks, having trouble deciding.

I want something with a belt clip...i was thinking of the incase slider, but it doesnt have a clip =(

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow guys, thanks for the info...

What cases are you guys using for your iphones, would love the name or a link to it....thanks, having trouble deciding.

I want something with a belt clip...i was thinking of the incase slider, but it doesnt have a clip =(

Got one of these "Power Support Air Jackets"...adds no bulk at all, comes with two "Crystal Shield-like" screen protectors...I prefer the non-glare one...

Power Support Air Jacket for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

The configuration above protects the iPhone nicely from scratches, but for drop protection, I highly recommend putting the above protected iPhone in one of these cases. It fits snugly at first, but the case stretches just enough to be almost perfect within about two weeks. Very nice case, very well made. They come with or without a clip; with or without a pocket in various colors. I have owned several of their computer/iPhone/iPod cases...can't go wrong with Waterfield...your iPhone with all of this protection will take up little more space in your pocket than the iPhone itself...trust me on this...

iPhone Smart Case - iPhone Protective Case - iPhone Sleeve - Slim iPhone Case - Ultrasuede

Users who are viewing this thread

Back