Best Iphone 3g IEM's <$200
Dec 13, 2008 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sundawgf22

New Head-Fier
Hey guy's I'm very new to this forum. I want to purchase my first pair of IEM headphones that will work with my Iphone 3g. I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice because I have never owned a pair of IEM's before and am just learning about them.

Requirements:

<$200
Built-In Mic/Song Button
Good for all around use
Best Bang for the Buck

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 5
ZAGG Z.Buds ($65): ZAGG | Z.buds | Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones
Nuforce NE-7M ($50): Amazon.com: NuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

Z.Buds come with nylon cord (fewer tangles), volume control, mic, and iPhone control. Sound is oriented toward bass and mids. Very non-fatiguing and pleasant sound signature.
NE-7M comes with mic and iPhone control. Sound is quite balanced but isn't bass anemic. You'll find a number of favorable reviews around here on Head-Fi.

I'd recommend Apple's new in-ear dual armature IEM as another option, but I've heard of it having problems with the iPhone.

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hf5s

It's actually the HF2, not the HF5.

Amazon.com: Etymotic Research HF2 Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Black: Electronics

The HF2 would be nice if you want to go up close to the $200 range for an iPhone compatible headset, but I'm just not sure it's really necessary to spend that much when there's other options available for 1/3 the price. That is unless you don't mind slightly anemic bass (Although it's still there!) and the HF2 is going to be your primary IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back