Best InEar-hooks paired with a Benji s5 (no amp)
Jan 4, 2018 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

govie

New Head-Fier
I read these 2 quotes below in the Benjie-thread, but it just makes things more complicated for me:

Yeah, about 32ohm is max that sounds good on it

That sensitivity is really high. Meaning you need an amp

The sensivitity yacobx spoke about was 115dB@32Ohm. I feel I am not getting the bigger picture here with the senvisitystatement. So apparantly high efficiency (sensivitity) is bad? I do not get it. Could someone explain how to select wired earbuds for a Benjie s5 dap without usage of an amp. Suggest me some nice wired inearhooks which are alot better suited for the benjie s5 then my current wired earhooks: philips shs3300 (32Ohm/102dB/100mWmax/12Hz..22kHz/. I would also like an explenation why they pair better with the benjie s5 so I will actually learn something!

Pairing inears with a dap is alot harder then I thought. Teach me please!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 2
Bump with more information: So, I took the chinashop earbuds topic and took the most interesting earbuds out of all of them and put them in the table below.

gsUMXQL.png

I like that the two cheaper earbuds have backup earhooks. If I would ever miss earhooks on my new earbuds then atleast I would have a backupplan, because the shs3300 I am using now does have earhooks. The looks & price of the Ostry KC06 I find more attractive, but the head-fi review score of the PMV's is 5 out of 5 stars. The other two earbuds are more expensive and do not offer optional earhooks.All the other details are too complicated for me to interpret or compare.

So the question now is which earbuds is the best fit for a Benjie s5 (€40,-- player), I hope to experience a large improvement in soundquality with my new earbuds in comparison to my old budget Philips SHS3300 earbuds. Could anyone here please post there opinions about these 4 earbudpropositions in combination with a budget dap like the Benjie s5. Which earbud-proposition pairs best with the Benjie s5 and why?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back