Best inclosed phones, for under 65$?
Oct 20, 2002 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

crash resistant

New Head-Fier
I would like to hear you guys' ratings on the best inclosed headphones/set for under 65$.

I had a 100$ plantronics headset which I loved, but it broke.. now I need to replace it. It had like 40mm speakers with really cool base.

I play games, and listen to a lot of music, I loved my old ones.. but now I need something new. I was thinking about Sony or just get a new Plantronics headset.

I only have 60 bucks to spend, but I can push it if it's REAL good.

Thanks for reading.

-crash

Oct 20, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 10
of course! I am mostly interested in the output aspect of my PC. >
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Not those, those are the V600, which are newer and apparently not as good. The one's you want are the MDR V6 or the 7506, which we are 99.9% sure are the same thing, give or take gold plated plugs and about $20. You can find the V6 on line (not at sony's site) for just about your budget. I think I've seen them as low as $65. Not sure about shipping though. But for your budget they are likely some of the best. Grado SR-60 might be worth looking into as well. I'm considerning the 7506 my self since I don't want an amp, and these have pretty good sound. Infac, the sound itself is very good. but the sound sage was pretty small when I tried them out, but they were comming off a crappy discman, so it will probably be a bit better if you have a good enough sound card. Anyway, good luck.

Oct 21, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 10
Nope. The Sennheiser HD500 isn't closed - and it sounds extremely dark, with severely overpowering mid-bass, high distortion in the bass, and little (if any) midrange or treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back