Best In-Line Amp for Sony PSP
Jan 5, 2006 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jeffreybowman2k

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a Sony PSP and hate the sound quality. To make matters worse, there is no line out, so I am stuck with the crappy earphone jack.

Can anyone recommend an in-line amp that would warm up the sound and boost the volume of the PSP considering that it will be connected to earphone jack?

I have a Pocket Amp 2 V2 that I use (and love) with my Ipod -- but only using the Ipod's line out (via Pocket Dock). I do not like how the PA2V2 performs when connected to earphone jack on Ipod. I tried it with PSP jack, and it doesn't do well with that either.

BTW: I use UM-2s for my earphones.

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Sorry for chimming in and not answering your question.

Do you really hear any improvement when you power the UM2s with an amp? I tried but to be honest. I just feel the UM2s only become louder and added a bit more bass. That's all. So I come to the conlustion that UM2s don't really need an amp and been using them with just the stock ipod hp jack pretty happily.

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 4
That's odd.
I plugged the UM2s into the HP jack of ipod and Melos SHA-1 connected with ipod lineout back and forward. During the A/B, I thought the UM2s only sound FULLER with the Melos and the improvement was so marginal (5%), that I found it nothing to write home about...............
In contrast, in the same A/B with ER4Ps the difference was like night and day. So, I thought UM2s were optimisted for portable use and tuned to their full potential already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back