Best In-Ear headphones under $200 (vote the best choice in the poll!)
Jul 22, 2014 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ibro911

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been looking for what In-Ear headphones to purchase for a while now, and I've unfortunately/fortunately fallen deep into the matrix of long-winding research that has only succeeded in getting me more confused and indecisive (yay). I would be glad to get recommendations from you guys, as Head-fi seems to have lots of knowledgeable members.

I listen to a wide range of music, but predominantly rap/hip-hop these days, "epic" music like Two Step from Hell's work, some rock (Disturbed). EDM, classical, some RnB, some indie (so basically, a wide range). Giving those and my proclivity for Rap/Hip-Hop, I tend to lean more towards earphones with great vocals and rich, powerful bass; however, I really am just searching for earphones which deliver great quality all-round and might even rival the most expensive earphones to people who aren't extremely particular/picky. I also like a good, stylish form factor, but I definitely wouldn't put it over superior quality

My research has brought me to these IEMs. I would like to hear your opinions on which of these are the best, and would also be glad to get additional recommendations. Thanks.

They are:

Shure SE215 Limited Edition Blue
Yamaha EPH-100
Audio Technica IM50/IM70 (what's the difference between these please?)
KEF M200
Vsonic GR 07 Bass Edition
JVC FXZ-200

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks. Any more opinions? Bump...

If you have already read a lot about those different IEMs on Head-Fi, best to go with your instincts over what some poll tells you. It's not like you'll get a good sample of people who have heard all of those. People will vote for what they own. And what they like will be tempered to their listening tastes.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks. Yep, I totally have that in mind so I'm definitely not going 100% by the polls. I'm happy I did this though, because it exposed me to some new IEMs and helped me cross out some of the inferior ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back