Best in-ear headphones for Classical
Sep 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Symphorch

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm a college student in the music program at my school.  I love all classical music from the earliest baroque, even Gregorian chant and other choral music, all the way to today's large-scale contemporaries, including movie soundtracks.  Hans Zimmer comes to mind.  I also enjoy Dream Theater quite a bit, and I'm looking for in-ear headphones $70 or under that will handle both worlds as best they can.  Not being able to hear outside noises and vice versa is also a plus.  I want best of the best for this price range.  The research I'm doing seems quite inconclusive at times, and I love the way you guys talk on this forum, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Thanks for your answers!

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey, I asked this question a few months ago, and no-one replied.  I know this post has been seen over 200 times, and I'd love to get some answers.  Can one of you nice ladies and/or gentlemen please help a poor college student out?  I'm really struggling to get the best sound for my dollar.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Look at the VSonic VC02, I listen to classical and film scores myself and I find that the VC02 sounds great with them, they can be found for about $50.

I have also been following the Havi B3 thread, they are neutral with a big soundstage, but I am waiting for more reviews/impressions before deciding whether to get them.  These may interest you too.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-appreciation-thread

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 4
If you can dampen the cables somehow, HF5 is a very good choice. Maybe I'm too sensitive to cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back