Best In-Ear headphone in the $100 range?
Jun 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iOnlyEatMusic

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I currently own a pair of Beats Studio that I got for a free.
However, these being my first overhead headphones, they are quite a hassle to carry around and I want to go back into using IEM. I do enjoy them (even though they are over-priced) but they are too big for me.

I'm interested in great sound quality. I'm much of a music lover so I hate using cheap apple headphones or such products like that.

My max budget is at around $150 but I prefer to go lower.

I looked around and thought about picking up the Etymotic Research HF5 from Amazon for $103.
However, I heard the Bose IE2 headphones were also good.

Do you think you guys can recommend me the best IEM I can get for around my money budget?
Keep in mind I won't be using these headphones for music studios or anything like that.
These will be used to listen to music through my iPhone and computer. My entire music library is at 320kbps so I want the best in-ear I can get. I also prefer them to have noise isolation.

I listen to Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, Some Techno (Daft Punk), and light Rock (Linkin Park, etc)

Thanks everyone!
beyersmile.png

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I've been out of the game for a bit but I just got a pair of shure se215. It's shure's new dynamic driver earphone for $100.

Excellent build quality, comfortable and a nice sound balance for me. The bass is slightly boosted above what I would call flat, but that's what I was looking for. Warmer sound overall but doesn't sacrifice detail. Very good response to EQ if you're into that.

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 6
I'd recommend trying out the Monster Turbines, you can easily find them for 70-80 used in head-fi FS classifieds.  They handle hip-hop, rap and the such very well because of their bass.  However, you do suffer a bit of a loss in terms of high end clarity for that strong bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back