Best in-ear headphone for classical musics
May 22, 2015 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Parhaam

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I am looking for the best in-ear for classicals. My criteria are: fidelity and clarity, soundstage, fair to good bass and since I'm wearing it for a long period of time and walking around, comfort. mic and controllers are extra pleasant options. My budget limit is 300$ Max. I've searched through head-fi and found a few options, but since I can't access all of them to try, I need your expert opinions. Thank you very much. The models I found so far are:
RHA T10 
KEF M200
Fostex TE-05
Etymotic ER-4PT
Philips fidelio S2

Beyerdynamic DX160IE

Sennheiser IE8/80

Earsonics

Westone

Dunu Titan 1

Either kindly recommending one of these models or something else, would be a big help for me.

May 22, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm very pleased with my Fischer DBA-02 mk 2 IEMs for classical music, if you like a neutral sound signature. The catch is no mic, and at times I've wanted that since I often plug them into my phone. For that reason I've thought about the Ety models.

May 23, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 7
The ones I recommend for classical under $300, REx00 and ER4S, have linear bass. But it sounds as if you want something warmer such as Tenore or EPH100. Best luck!

May 24, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 7
dunu dn2k - dynamics. instrument separation (easy to divert your focus from one instrument to another) where everything is so detailed and clear. strings as an ensemble/section move together gracefully with air. though some isolated violin can sound slight glossy smooth (not totally realistic or pure). bah I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back