Best in-ear for 50 dollars
Feb 4, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 20
I also have the SR60s and recently bought Ultimate Ears SF 3s from Amazon for $60. The clears, which I got, have gone up but you can still get the black ones for $60. Radio Shack used to have the red ones for $50. I'm very pleased with the sound and fit.

Mooch

Feb 4, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 20
You might be able to snatch a pair of im716 for that price. Depodded they are same as E4S, or 99.999% of them.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 20
You can still find the red $50 Super.fi's from Radio Shack online. They don't sell them there, but they will list what stores near you have them. There are still plenty of stores near me that had them when I bought mine. Good luck.

Oh, and for $50, they are a steal too.

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 20
Firstly. you must decide if you want to do this cheap or right. Jbuds(Swedish) earphones that sound decent start at $20. Ultimate Ears Superfi 3(my personal recommendation) are about $65 and incredible. Grado also makes a pair of spectacular over the ear headphones for about $75.

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #8 of 20
Yeah the iM716 are going for $50 (new) from a few third party sellers off amazon.com. I know that almost nothing ever goes for retail online, but the iM716 retail for $200.

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
although they aren't IEMs, spend $7 more and get some Crossroads x3i from Jaben

seconded. crossroads x3i are really decent for the price.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the Audio Technica ATH-CK7 for $66.77.

Audio Technica ATH-CK7

Are these possible to find, for that price, anywhere else besides amazon? I'm living in Croatia and stupid amazon doesn't ship here, they ship only books and DVDs. I'm sceptical about eBay, always some problems there.

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zunefan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Firstly. you must decide if you want to do this cheap or right. Jbuds(Swedish) earphones that sound decent start at $20. Ultimate Ears Superfi 3(my personal recommendation) are about $65 and incredible. Grado also makes a pair of spectacular over the ear headphones for about $75.

For sound isolation, the Jbuds are trash. Seriously, go for an er6i or Super.fi3 at the very least. Otherwise, you might as well get a KSC75 (clip-on headphone) which will yield better SQ for less ($25).

edit: Although I haven't tried the ATH-c7k recommended above, I would recommend it over the SF3s as well since it won't stick out of your ear nearly as much and has a nice actual/retail cost ratio. Since it's Amazon, you can always return them if you don't like em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back