Best in ear for 40$-60$, Sennheiser, Klipsch ?
Jun 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:
Frankly, I don't like xears at all. They all have annoying driver flex and the fit isn't that great - I'm not even going to comment about the lack of packaging. The Dunu headphones are pretty decent overall and probably have the best build quality I've seen in a while in sub-$100 iems but my favorite in your price range is the new Vsonic GR02 Bass edition http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR02-Bass-/221028473872?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item337652dc10#ht_682wt_1402 . Great sound, great build quality (I just love the cable), great amount of additional tips. I like it more than the GR06 - it's bass is better, the mids anre less foward and clearer and the highs are just right for this type of general sound signature. The only thingv in which the GR06 is better, is the instrumental posutioning and layering but the GR02's soundstage is still pretty decent. Anyway, if you liked the CX 300 II (which I consider one of the worst iems I've heard), you will be realyy happy with the new GR02, which is far superior in every aspect

Thank you so much, the only problem is that shipping from USA to Italy (my country) will be very long...any alternatives?

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #17 of 30
They will ship it from Singapore as you're in Europe like me and actually the estimated delivery dates they've given aren't that big. The package actually arrives in no more than 10 days (normal not working days)  and if it gets delayed more it will be probably because of the customs or the postal office in your country. Lend me ur ears are known for despatching items really fast and that the packages are delivered really fast

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:
They will ship it from Singapore as you're in Europe like me and actually the estimated delivery dates they've given aren't that big. The package actually arrives in no more than 10 days (normal not working days)  and if it gets delayed more it will be probably because of the customs or the postal office in your country. Lend me ur ears are known for despatching items really fast and that the packages are delivered really fast

Ok, so you confirm is better than xears 200 pro? because xears pro 200 has 6-28.000 frequency while vsonic has 12-25.000. Xears has 124 db while vsonic has 105.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #19 of 30
I hear Italian customs can be pretty bad... Well good luck with your search, I have no more recommendations.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #20 of 30
Specs mean very little usually, and most are not accurate.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #22 of 30
Yeah, spec mean almost nothing - some manufacturers go way ahead of themselves. Anyway, for me the Gr02 bass edition is a really great iem and I would still recommend it even if it cost double but given its current price compred to the xears' one it's a no-brainer - you get a really nicely build product with a great set of accessories compared to the OEM-like xears package. But in the end it all depends on what sound signature you want - as randomkid said, HiSound Crystal is also a decent iem if you can find it used for less money but it has different sound. I suggested the Vsonic as its signature is more in the line of the bass-heavy sennheisers but with everything on a superior level. I can't comment on the Italian customs though but generally in the EU I think they process smaller and cheaper packages faster. That's why I said 10 days estimated for delivery. The Singapore Post is insanely fast and usually it will take less than a week to get the items delivered to most countries in EU but after that it all depends on how much work the customs have at that given moment.

edit: actually what means that Italian customs are strict?

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 30
Btw, I just checked and it's all the same for all EU contries. If the package does not exceed 150 euro you don't have to pay duty taxes. I've never had anything to pay in addition for headphones I've bought outside EU. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #24 of 30
Why don’t you check this thread, with 242 iems compared, you are sure to find what you are looking for.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-242-iems-compared-vsonic-gr99-gr02-bass-edition-added-06-11-12

Even an strict Italian custom, will surely find many alternatives
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #25 of 30
Well, with all the options at cheaper prices from abroad I don't see why he should settle for something less or pay more.  We live in the European Union and we have the right to buy whatever we want - neither the people at the customs are some scary guys who do whatever thay want and open packages and steal stuff, nor the EU is some kind of closed society where it is prohibited to buy from outside Europe. It's not like we live in North Korea or something. 99% of the cases the package will be held for a day or two and sent to your local post office or they will contact you and will want info on the package if they think that VAT should be applied before they give it to you, which in most cases will be like 5 euro as the senders from Asia know about the customs in Europe and  they mark the package as gift with low price. Frankly, I've had issues with packages coming from UK, which is in EU, while I've never had a single issue with packages coming from Asia. I just have a package from Singapore and it was received at the customs in my country 7 days after being dispatched from mp4nation; it was processed in the customs for a day and was at my local post exactly 8 days after being sent from Singapore. I don't see why some people are so scared from customs or international mailing services and that it takes a long time for the packages to arrive - they come by air mail, not by a pigeon or a guy on a bicycle

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:
Well, with all the options at cheaper prices from abroad I don't see why he should settle for something less or pay more.  We live in the European Union and we have the right to buy whatever we want - neither the people at the customs are some scary guys who do whatever thay want and open packages and steal stuff, nor the EU is some kind of closed society where it is prohibited to buy from outside Europe. It's not like we live in North Korea or something. 99% of the cases the package will be held for a day or two and sent to your local post office or they will contact you and will want info on the package if they think that VAT should be applied before they give it to you, which in most cases will be like 5 euro as the senders from Asia know about the customs in Europe and  they mark the package as gift with low price. Frankly, I've had issues with packages coming from UK, which is in EU, while I've never had a single issue with packages coming from Asia. I just have a package from Singapore and it was received at the customs in my country 7 days after being dispatched from mp4nation; it was processed in the customs for a day and was at my local post exactly 8 days after being sent from Singapore. I don't see why some people are so scared from customs or international mailing services and that it takes a long time for the packages to arrive - they come by air mail, not by a pigeon or a guy on a bicycle

I used to import from Asia something like 60-70 pcs monthly (earrphones-mobile phones etc...) and always had problem with italian custom, one time even with ups 2000$ of goods were stopped for 1 month at customs without no reason, only after my layer sent a letter to them they left package, that's Italian custom!

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #27 of 30
Well, this is not only the Italian customs. When there are big amount of goods pass at the customs they always get inspected more, especially if they doubt the country of origin or the announced price. If I order 20 pairs of Brainwavz B2 from mp4nation they will probably also get stuck at the customs for longer, though as I'm a lawyer I can deal with that myself . With a single iem that costs 36 bucks I don't see what problems you can have as packages under 1kg pass really fast through the customs. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:
Well, this is not only the Italian customs. When there are big amount of goods pass at the customs they always get inspected more, especially if they doubt the country of origin or the announced price. If I order 20 pairs of Brainwavz B2 from mp4nation they will probably also get stuck at the customs for longer, though as I'm a lawyer I can deal with that myself . With a single iem that costs 36 bucks I don't see what problems you can have as packages under 1kg pass really fast through the customs. 

Ok so you're sure that for that price the best in ear is vsonic right? quality is better of xears?

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #29 of 30
Well, yeah, build quality is better and sound quality wise they have different sound signature, the GR02 being bassier 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back