Best in-ear earphones for me?
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Liamrox287

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

So for a while now i've had $30 Creative in-ear earphones. This will sound stupid so some of you Audiophiles, however, I found them great, good sound, light (as in weight), and lasted me quite some time, however recently one side stopped working.

Now, I currently have a pair of Beats Solos, which I got for free with an old phone I bought, so when I can, I use those. However, when I'm on my way to school, or somewhere where I can't keep headphones around my neck, I tend to use the in-ear earphones.

I'm looking for something with some really nice bass, really nice clarity and just overall good quality, I love noise cancellation - so this is a must. I'll be using these on my iPod 4th gen, iPhone 5 and iPad 4. (Believe it or not, i'm not an Apple fanboy :wink:

I'll just list some artists I listen to so you guys can get a fair idea of what genres I listen to, I listen to rap such as hollywood undead, which is more a rap/rock genre. I also listen to songs with very deep bass, as well as dubstep such as Skrillex.

I have tried a friends Beats Tours and was not impressed at all, bass was worse then the Creatives I had, $30 creatives, mind you. The earphones continued to slip out of my ear.

I also looked at the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, with or without Controltalk, I couldn't care. However, there is a much more expensive version of this with "High-Performace" in the name, I want to know the honest difference.

Thanks in advance guys.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 14
how about the klipsche s4i?  they are of decent sound quality, isolate well, have the optional 3-button/mic for iphones/ipods.  they can also be had for fairly cheap.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 14
For a more clubby atmosphere with nice bass I love V-Moda in-ears.
For high resolution I like the Westone UM2.
Neither of them have active Noise cancellation but especially with the Westones I here close to nothing from outside. So I could Not imagine what the Noise cancellation should do.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 14
The Turbines are quite good, but I would suggest the Logitech UE tripple.fi 10 they are even better for a similar price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back