Best In Ear Earphones For Gaming?
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Head-Fier
I want a pair of in ear earphones for PC gaming. I know everyone will say that over ear headphones are vastly superior and I don't disagree but I have my reasons.

I have tried a few and where they all seem to fail is in microphone quality. The actual sound quality isn't as important. My priorities, in order are

1. Microphone quality
2. Noise isolation
3. Sound quality

I looked at the Sennheiser PC 300 G4ME which seem to have the best mic but they seem to be discontinued. Plus they seem similar to the CX300 but with a mic and I had a pair of CX300 which lasted a couple of months before packing in so I'm not really interested in Sennheiser. I have tried the Hammerhead Pro which were awful and were by far the worst fit I've ever experienced in an in-ear earphone. The mic was far too quiet too.

Are there any recommendations?

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #5 of 5
  Ouch!  Far too expensive for me (my fault for not mentioning budget). I'm really looking at £50 absolute max. Preferably cheaper.

Could you get Apple In-Ear headphones in UK for £50? It may take some time to figure out how to get them fit and seal properly, but both microphone and audio quality are excellent in these IEMs. 
etysmile.gif
 Once fitted properly they will isolate just as well as an average IEM would.

I checked out and Ebay seems to have plenty of offerings–this one looks pretty good to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back