Best IEMS under 300-350$?
Dec 4, 2016 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

listen4joy

500+ Head-Fier
i am looking for overall best iems in the market under 300$? i came from rock it sounds r-50. i love warm and musical sound.

i gather this list:

RHA- T20
ORIVETI PRIMACY
Yamaha Eph 100
TDK BA 200
Campfire Orion
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
Etymotic ER-4XR or /ER-4SR 
Sony XBA-300 
JVC HA FX 1100/1200
DUNU:DN 2002
MEE  Pinnacle P1
VSOINIC GR07X
T-PEOS h-300
Westone W-20

some in the list are going for 350 and little more, if its worth it i can take it.

other iems advices will be great too.

didnt include FLC8S because 36 tuning options is drawback for me.

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 10
why not flc 8s? They are really great with the effective tuning and which for easier matches with different genres, and the sound variations will satisfy most except bassheads. There's greatly detailed and extended bass, detail in spades and a generally natural sound. Plus, you get legendary customer service from both forrestwei or lmue.

also, i'm pretty sure the er4s is not musical at all. And how do you like to wear it? how much isolation do you want? neutral sound or what? how important is build quality to you?

also the r-50 are considered as analytical iems.

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 10
r-50 was my first real hifi iem, it was preety good but i didnt like it so much, these days when hybrid iems can punch their price tag and sound like totl iems is good time to live. i am looking for warm, musical, rich and full sound with good details and resulotion , good bass and timbre , isolation dosent have to be the best. neutral but not dry and cold, lets say no so bright. build quality not so important, best thing is SQ.

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 10
  r-50 was my first real hifi iem, it was preety good but i didnt like it so much, these days when hybrid iems can punch their price tag and sound like totl iems is good time to live. i am looking for warm, musical, rich and full sound with good details and resulotion , good bass and timbre , isolation dosent have to be the best. neutral but not dry and cold, lets say no so bright. build quality not so important, best thing is SQ.

One popular hybrid atm is the iBasso IT03.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807881/ibasso-audio-it03

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 10
In that case i'll definitely heavily recommended the dunu2000j and the flc8s. The two are extremely similar, both being bright, very detailed, with a wide soundstage and exceptional bass, although the flc 8s has even better detail retrieval and bass. If you want a ergonomic over ear/ear down tunable iem with removable cables, flc 8s will be worth the extra $ over the dunu2000j if you ate willing to go tip rolling and order a $30 cable from lmue (most think the stock tips and cables are trash, although I find them servicable).

I can't talk about the it03 though... I've no idea about it.

Also, I think i've read somewhere that the dunu2002 is overpriced with it's sound being on par with 2000j but with a poor easily irritable housing.

btw, someone on the flc8s thread said that when he asked forrestwei (ceo of flc technology) questions about the flc8s, forrest just sent him a review sample and even paid the postage. maybe you can request one from forrestwei? :rolleyes:

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 10
Hello guys, i'm currently looking for an iem that has exceptional clarity and detail retrieval in the lows, mids and highs. I was thinking of purchasing the Etymotic ER4XR but I want something that has enough sub and mid bass for edm and rap. I wouldn't consider myself a basshead but if it gives bass with amazing mids and high please let me know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I was looking at the Pinnacle P1 & IT03 but I am up for other options. I want clarity but also a sound signature that will suit my taste in music. I listen to The Prodigy, Motorhead, Wu Tang Clan and a lot of hardstyle & hardcore including hard trance and trance. Please give me options as I am kinda new into the higher end iems. I want best bang for the buck and it may be silly to some but looks to matter to me but also durability but sound is the main for me and I also want them to be easy to drive. I'll be using my HTC 10 with my Shozy Magic. Some iems I am looking at are the, Fidue A83, Ibasso IT03, Pinnacle P1, LZ A4, CA Lyra, CA Nova, CA Orion, Final F7200, Audeze iSINE 10, Noble Audio Trident, Etymotic ER4XR, Shure Se535, Aurisonics Forte. Other recommendations are welcomed :). Please though, I want best bang for the buck. And don't really want to go over $700 AUD. Something easy to drive is a key feature but the Pinnacle P1 or something like it which may need a little more power is fine.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 10
Right now I'm interested on the ibasso it3 from all the hype trains it's getting. I'm very happy with the dunnu 2k, fx850, ortofone eq5, and aaw ciem but I can't resist new toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back