Best IEMs under 200
Aug 4, 2015 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sonic7381

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new iem for under 200 usd. I will be using them directly out of an iPhone or computer, so nothing that needs an amp. I previously had a pair of etymotic hf3s, which I like, but they broke recently. I like a more flat sound signature, but I found the etymotics a little too boring for faster and more bass heavy music. I would also like something with a decent soundstage, which I know is hard to get in IEMs. I listen to a wide veriety of music, so I need something pretty versatile. I have only had earphones you wear straight down before, but I'm not opposed to over the ear models. One of my biggest pet peeves is cable noise, so I need something with good microphonics. Some of the ones I'm currently looking at are:

Shure se315

Westone um pro 10 or W10

Denon ah c400

Hifiman re600s

Dunu dn-100

Sony Xba-hi

These are not in any particular order, and any advice is helpful, as I know a bit about headphones, but little about IEMs.

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 6
I've decided to just go ahead and order the hifimans and one of the west ones or the shures, because I've never used an Iem of that style and would like to try one. Any reccomendations as to which of these I should get to compare to the hifimans?

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm looking for a new iem for under 200 usd. I will be using them directly out of an iPhone or computer, so nothing that needs an amp. I previously had a pair of etymotic hf3s, which I like, but they broke recently. I like a more flat sound signature, but I found the etymotics a little too boring for faster and more bass heavy music. I would also like something with a decent soundstage, which I know is hard to get in IEMs. I listen to a wide veriety of music, so I need something pretty versatile. I have only had earphones you wear straight down before, but I'm not opposed to over the ear models. One of my biggest pet peeves is cable noise, so I need something with good microphonics. Some of the ones I'm currently looking at are:

Shure se315

Westone um pro 10 or W10

Denon ah c400

Hifiman re600s

Dunu dn-100

Sony Xba-hi

These are not in any particular order, and any advice is helpful, as I know a bit about headphones, but little about IEMs.

Well Vsonic GR07 are very decent for the price and they are under 200 $, maybe you should consider them too if you haven't already ordered some. 
Also with cables over the ear cable noise is gone, so any with cable over the ear and you are good, that's why I never go to cable down earphones.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Well Vsonic GR07 are very decent for the price and they are under 200 $, maybe you should consider them too if you haven't already ordered some. 
Also with cables over the ear cable noise is gone, so any with cable over the ear and you are good, that's why I never go to cable down earphones.

Good to know about the cable noise, and I thought about the gr07 but read a lot of more recent reviews saying they had major durability issues. That's why I'm trying to stay with brands that are upfront about warranty, and I couldn't find anything on vsonic. Any ideas on the west ones and shures? Never seen a direct comparison and they all have good reviews.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 6
I've just done a lot of research on earbuds and went with the gr07 bass edition and they should be coming in the mail in a few days. I had a lower budget then you, but in my research I constantly came across the RHA T10i which are right at $200. So they might be worth looking into.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Good to know about the cable noise, and I thought about the gr07 but read a lot of more recent reviews saying they had major durability issues. That's why I'm trying to stay with brands that are upfront about warranty, and I couldn't find anything on vsonic. Any ideas on the west ones and shures? Never seen a direct comparison and they all have good reviews.

Not sure about others but friend got his GR07 for over 2 years now and still working, that's where I heard them and they worked perfectly well.. Anyways I just mentioned them as an option to consider because they sound very very good, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back