Best IEMs or very portable headphones available on a specific site for $90
Mar 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Oeufdepoire

Head-Fier
Hello there,

I recently had a problem with a pair of AKG K 450, and I returned it to Thomann, where I bought it. They got a problem with their stock of K 450 and I have to buy something else from them. I don't want to invest too much because I already spent a lot (for me, at least) in audio these days.

So I'm searching for the best IEMs or very portable cans available here. The price limit is around $90.

I've already checked many times the extraordinary shootouts by ljokerl, but all I found that matched the conditions were the Shure SE215. They are 22 € more than I'm willing to spend, and maybe not the best Thomann can offer at this price.

Two questions :
- I listen mostly to metal, and, beside that, to absolutely every genre. Would the SE215s fit my needs? I've read many reviews and that they have recessed highs and not very strong mids, which can be annoying for non-bass-heavy music (95 % of the music I listen to).
- Do you know better IEMs or headphones than the SE215, that aren't shown in ljokerl's shootouts (this one and this one)? I would check if they are available on Thomann.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back