Best IEMs for under $100
Aug 29, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a list of the sleeves and foams I use with each respective canalphone that I find to be suitable for comfort and quality.

From my experience I find all of those listed, with exception to the Klipsch, to be sufficiently comfortable for wearing all day with the correct sleeve or foam.

What you are saying is that the models you listed do not provide adequate comfort and top notch sound quality out of the box, but require additional tuning with sleeves or foam from other manufacturers, thus involving additional costs, which have to be added to their purchase price.

The Klipsch Audio Custom-1 In-Ear Noise Isolate 1007714 are about $150, the Denon AH-C751 $130, and the V-MODA Vibe Duo Earbuds $100 (without tuning equipment).

I'm convinced that all those models do not have the same sound characteristics and you still haven't explained what makes them "better" ( let alone "eargasmetres better") than the Bose InEar model, which does not need any tuning.

Aug 29, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #18 of 23
Denon C751 is around $90s at USA amazon. The best IEM for under $100 you can buy imo

Aug 29, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A-Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you are saying is that the models you listed do not provide adequate comfort and top notch sound quality out of the box, but require additional tuning with sleeves or foam from other manufacturers, thus involving additional costs, which have to be added to their purchase price.

The Klipsch Audio Custom-1 In-Ear Noise Isolate 1007714 are about $150, the Denon AH-C751 $130, and the V-MODA Vibe Duo Earbuds $100 (without tuning equipment).

I'm convinced that all those models do not have the same sound characteristics and you still haven't explained what makes them "better" ( let alone "eargasmetres better") than the Bose InEar model, which does not need any tuning.

Come on, admit it, you work for Bose, don't you? You seem to want to get into an argument defending your chosen earphones. You won't get it from me, I have nothing to argue over and I won't be arguing. The ones I listed speak for themselves.

Aug 29, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by voicemaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon C751 is around $90s at USA amazon. The best IEM for under $100 you can buy imo

Agreed! But I'll go one further, I believe they are the best you can get around $200 to $250. That's how good they sound to me. I'm not going to outrage anyone by saying they can stand with the $300 to $400 canalphones, but I do love them that much...
smily_headphones1.gif
Just outstanding canalphones, those Denon 751s are.

Aug 29, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add the Head-Direct RE2's in that list and add in Sony EX sleeves to the Denon c751's.

Where didja get the sleeves? I called up Sony, and they don't see to have'em.

On an unrelated note: As eargasmetre is just my arbitrary unit of measure of audio goodness. I've never specified the magnitude of "one eargasmetre", so it could really just be a small difference. Maybe it's a philosophy thing...we do this a lot. Most famously, Alvin Plantinga used "turp" as a measure of evil. Heh...

Aug 30, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #22 of 23
These tips are EP-EX1.

Aug 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A-Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What makes you convinced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back