Best IEM's for Small Ears, Street Price limit $200
Feb 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 20
Q-jays, UE 700 and ATH-CK100 are the smallest IEMs currently available and should be very comfy even for those with small ear canals.

Feb 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #17 of 20
The Image actually has the smallest diameter out of all earphones at the moment. So for small ear canals, i would suggest the Image X10. For plain sound quality, the CK100 would have a edge over the rest. The q-Jays is more neutral, with a less emphasized and "fun" sounding response. The UE700 is more high, high mid based and has a brighter and more "enthusiastic" sound to it. The Image X10's are warm, smooth, with a rather strong low-end response to it.

Feb 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #18 of 20
Well, I guess in the end, I picked out the X10's because I found them for $160, but I certainly would've bought the Audio Technica's...if I could find them without spending the equivalent of spending for SE530's or getting the triple.fi's reshelled. In any case, thanks guys!

Impression: As noted before, the sound is rather warm to me, but the bass is pretty punchy and "fast", but compared to the Westone's I tried, it's missing something towards the high end. Ironically, they're so small that when I used the small double-flanges, I think they drove right into my ear, and though they do provide a seal, I don't know if it's the kind of seal that's giving me a good amount of bass, shrug, I'll keep testing with tips, but yea, really comfy and small (unless you shove em too far in your ear, real possibility with these earphones)

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 20
Sorry to bump this thread but where can you find X10's under 200!!? I've been dying to try a pair, mom stole my ue700 and girlfriend "borrowed" my q-jays. I need a replacement pair but I can only find X10's for $300+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back