Best IEMs for pop music lovers
Dec 30, 2015 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Grayson73

Headphoneus Supremus
Since the best IEMs for each genre of music are different, I thought it would be a good idea to get all of the pop music lovers together on a thread :D

If you're a pop music lover, what are your favorite IEMs?

Out of all that I've tried, mine are the LZ-A2 and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 7
  Since the best IEMs for each genre of music are different, I thought it would be a good idea to get all of the pop music lovers together on a thread :D

If you're a pop music lover, what are your favorite IEMs?

Out of all that I've tried, mine are the LZ-A2 and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.

yamaha eph 100! 

those are pretty darn sweet!

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 7
  yamaha eph 100! 

those are pretty darn sweet!

Interesting; you don't have these listed in your profile.  You like them more than Titan 1 and GR07 BE?

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 7
  Interesting; you don't have these listed in your profile.  You like them more than Titan 1 and GR07 BE?

oh i haven't updated my profile in a while... i should really... but in terms of enjoy.....

maybe for pop music a bit more (theres a more bass in the eph100s > the gr07be and the titan 1s)

and they isolate better too, sooo they are a bit more practical on a day to day basis...

but i'm quite annoyed at the cable (its very thin and it tense to retain memory) and i had to play around with the tips to get them to sit comfortably

the stock biflanges sounded fine (but my ear canal would get sore after about 30mins - 1 hour due to the the *sharper* edges of the silicone

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 7
Agree EPH100 is nice for pop, though I haven't had them for a while.

Just got these last week, so still in total hype mode, but JVC HA-FXH30, especially for the kind of vocal electronica that seems to be pretty dominant in pop lately. It's kinda V shaped so vocals aren't the fullest, but I think the decent bass thump and (maybe overly) crisp details.

Definately a somewhat aggressive/forward kind of inear though, if looking for expansive stage and 'airiniess' not great. Occasionally I get something verging on sibillance though not consistently... I think it has to do with tricky fit depth since the speaker is at the very front of the nozzle.

Anyway, been listening to mostly recent pop/rnb-ish stuff and enjoying FXH30 quite a bit with it.

Oh, and not an IEM but the VE Zen 2.0 earbud is really well balanced and sounds great with everything, including my recent excusions into pop listening.

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 7
I've only just got them, but Zero Audio's Doppio seem really solid with the pop tracks I've tried so far. Only deficiency I've noticed is w/ a few female vocals missing a little body/thickness or something, but not a consistent issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back