Best IEMs for Mojo 2
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

londonm82

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

First post here but long time follower of these forums. I recently upgraded from a Mojo 1 to Mojo 2 (with Poly add-on) and I have B&W P9’s and AKG K3003i’s equipped with custom mould ear buds. I use Roon/Tidal as my source and for my main system I have a Nait 5Si and Chord Qutest driving Dynaudio Emit M20s.

The Mojo2 is an incredible piece of kit, much improved over the Mojo 1 and has breathed new life into both sets of headphones. But the AKG’s have stepped into a league of their own, no doubt helped by the custom ear moulds but they are crystal clear, nice deep bass and an incredible sound stage. They are also quite old in headphone terms, first hitting the scene 11 years ago… but I can’t seem to find what would be a worthy replacement.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations ? Or upgraded themselves from the AKGs?

Thanks in advance

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 5
What kind of improvements are you looking for?
The K3003 seems to be very bass heavy, especially mid-bass, and offset this with boosted treble.
Since you seem to like that, maybe a Sony IER-Z1R could be interesting.

May 11, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 5
In my opinion the best end game pairing would have to be 64 audio, they actually use chord products when tuning the iems themselves.

As for a model to recommend, I think you’d like the Nio‘s since they best fit the sound signature that you’re after. I have a pair myself and have never looked back.

I hope this helps 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back