Best IEM's for live vocal performance?
Mar 29, 2008 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

siobahn

New Head-Fier
Would love some opinions...

I am in an a 6-person cappella (all vocal) group that performs pop and rock tunes, and we recently purchased a Shure IEM setup for our live gigs. However, the stock earphones are muddy and unclear to me, and I'd like to upgrade to a set of IEM buds that would give me a really clear sound - so I can hear not just myself, but each other member as well. I'd be up for spending up to about $150 at this point (I'm not going for the super-high end...yet!), and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about a model that would suit my needs. I don't need anything too bass-heavy; I'm mostly looking for the most pristine and clean sound at this price point.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Mar 29, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 11
If you have problems getting the ety 4's at that price point - I would look into im716's by altec lansing. At the pricepoint that they are going for you could get several for everyone in the group and not have to worry so much about them breaking.

I have compared them head to head with the ety4's and honestly, the difference is negliable.

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 11
My Westone UM-1's are really comfy, sound good, and hide pretty well inside the ear if you buy the clear version. About $120 shipped from Westone's website but other online retailers sell them. I urge you to pick up the Shure Fit Kit over at earphone solutions and find the tips the are most comfortable and have the best isolation. So for less than $150 you'll be good to go. Plus later on they can be upgraded to have a custom tip. Thats just my two cents.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #7 of 11
aww many-month-old thread, try creative ep-830, upfront mids

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 11
you ain't kidding this is a blast from the past. why'd you find it and answer it? The needed party is long, long gone. Band is prob gone too.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahlapuz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well and the OP had a bigger budget so he could have got better IEMs anyway.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahlapuz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy resurrection! Why, oh why?
**shakes head**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back