Best IEMs for EDM with a $150 Budget?
May 8, 2015 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SativaSam

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I will try to make this as concise as I can.

I listen to pretty much nothing but EDM (Vicetone, 3LAU, Dash Berlin, KSHMR & Galantis are some of my favorites just for reference) and am looking to purchase some IEMs (PREFERRABLY from Amazon.com) for $150 or less. 

I purchased the RHA MA750s from Amazon a few days ago, got them, and did not like them. Pretty much at all. My previous headphones were Sennheiser CX-300 IIs and I could BARELY tell the difference between the two. That is just unacceptable in my opinion as there's a $90 difference in price. I am currently in the process of returning the RHAs. I gave them multiple chances, tried different ear tips, made sure I was getting the proper seal, etc. 

My biggest issue with them was the lack of bass. I am by NO MEANS a basshead, but the bass in these was just laughable. I have done some Googling and it seems like it's a tradeoff.. the more bass you have, the less clear everything else sounds :/

I LOVE being able to hear the harmonies of vocals and the layers in them, but I also love me some bass... just not to the point where I'm losing everything else (see: Beats headphones)

Some isolation would be nice, but I don't need an insane amount. Wired is just fine. No need for volume control or a mic. 

Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know that would help you help me. Thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back