Best IEMs for all genres of music
Sep 21, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by all2ofme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You shouldn't need to pay more than $350 for the SE530s. You can get them from authorised dealers for that.

Will they post to Australia? Because I am very interested in getting the SE530's however when I emailed soundearphones they said its against Shure's policy to do so
frown.gif
In Aus the cheapest SE530s are $549 AU which is pushing me towards the Triple.Fi's which can be had for $429 AU. Oh the decisions :S

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #18 of 27
Forget about the UM2s if you want good sound quality for the buck. The Trips are great but they do not fit some peoples ears. With $350 you could also get some decent customs like LiveWires or Super.FreQs. The UM2s are comfy but they do not sound nearly as good as the Trips or LiveWires for that matter.

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 27
The only reason I don't want to get customs is because I'm 15, and don't want them to become useless in a year or so.

Also, I probably will buy them before April, but April is the latest. I'm planning on saving my money up until then, but will probably get impatient soon. :]

I'm leaning towards Sleek SA6 or Triple.Fi 10 with Comply tips; I like the replaceable cords, as if they break, I'm not going to want to spend another couple hundred dollars vs. $25.

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by PepsiCo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason I don't want to get customs is because I'm 15, and don't want them to become useless in a year or so.

Also, I probably will buy them before April, but April is the latest. I'm planning on saving my money up until then, but will probably get impatient soon. :]

I'm leaning towards Sleek SA6 or Triple.Fi 10 with Comply tips; I like the replaceable cords, as if they break, I'm not going to want to spend another couple hundred dollars vs. $25.

Excellent choices there. The SA6 are quite outstanding.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is an authorized dealer for $349. Head-fi sponser. I can show you my reciept. NO RESTOCKING FEE for 45days. Tell them your from head-fi to get that price. You can try them then keep them if you like. These guys are cool cats also.

Head-Fi at Streamline Audio Video

Do you know if they ship Internationally or is it only throughout the US.

Sep 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #25 of 27
I got my 530s from the Montana-based Headroom (HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears) - they sent them to the UK with nary a quibble. Hopefully the same would be true for 'Straya!

Ben

Edit: Scary! I typed www . headphone . com and it got replaced with the "Right Between Your Ears" bit above. I'm not affiliated with them at all - despite the ad in my post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by P0iNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they post to Australia? Because I am very interested in getting the SE530's however when I emailed soundearphones they said its against Shure's policy to do so
frown.gif
In Aus the cheapest SE530s are $549 AU which is pushing me towards the Triple.Fi's which can be had for $429 AU. Oh the decisions :S

Sep 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #26 of 27
I'll actually probably wait until April like I said first; That way, I'll have my own debit card, and I'll be able to order it without my parents thinking it's dumb. :]

I'm thinking the sa6, but I'll check out the Westone 3 when they come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back