Best IEMs for about $60?
May 27, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 19
Buying earphones from ebay might be cheaper but you'd have to live with constantly doubting your phones' authenticity, which is not worth the savings IMO unless you have another authentic set to compare with... So it's a wise choice that you're sourcing authorized retailers now
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't really have much advice to contribute, except that i dislike SF3 for lacking any real lows and highs (they are very unfatiguing but also not exciting at all to listen to in that regard)...

I'm waiting for my RE2 to arrive. They seem to have good balance, detail and soundstage even when unamped... And great customer service from Fang btw. RE2's are $20 above your budget but the shipping's free and if they sound as good as the reviews made them to, they'd be very much worth the extra bucks (esp when the group buy prices end!)

May 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #17 of 19
Yeah, but the eBay seller I'd get them from is Shoreline Music. They have over 5175 feedbacks, and 99.9% of them are positive. Hell, they also have a website I could get the phones from, only they would cost $7 more.

And I've read about them on the net, and they seem legit, and very friendly.

And it's not only about saving here, it's about not being able to find stores that are shipping to Canada for less than a ridiculous price of $40-85. We're not talking about saving anymore at that price, but just common sense.

Actually, I wouldn't even be saving if I was in the USA, since 70$ is about the price you can get them for. It's all just about fair shipping prices to Canada.

And thanks Jo-Vo for the link, but Buy.com sadly does not ship to Canada.

May 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #18 of 19
Yeah those shipping costs do sound pretty crazy and unfair. I'm living on the other side of the world, and i can get cheaper shipping than those rates if i ordered from Amazon...
frown.gif

May 27, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #19 of 19
So I just got informed by another customer on eBay that the duty and taxes come up to $25 for these earphones. So they'd finally cost me around $100.

At that price, I'd better buy:
1. The RE2, and hope they don't require huge duty costs.
2. From someone on this board, used.
3. Just try harder to find a local store that's not trying to rip me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back