best IEM's for $320
May 6, 2007 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

rj_md

New Head-Fier
hi guys,

this is my first post...i really need your help since i'm just in the US for a visit and am leaving for my country in a week (where good earphones are hard to find). i wanted to get the best IEM's for my money. my budget shouldn't go beyond $320. I'm thinking about UM2's right now...but any other suggestions before i make my final decision? i've been using sure e3c's for some time and am looking for a worth it upgrade. hope to hear form anyone soon. i'll probably be placing my order by tomorrow to give allowance for the delivery. thanks a lot.
580smile.gif

May 6, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 11
i like my er4p, coming from the shure e3g. there's no contest when it comes to clarity and separation.

you can get em new for half of your budget!

or if you want a multi driver iem, maybe try and snag a pair of shure e500 (or whatever the hell they're called now) on these forums

there's one going on right now for 270!

May 6, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 11
May 6, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 11
just checked the e500's. problem though, my paypal limit is up to $100 only and i don't have enough time to get an upgrade. thanks for the recommendation though.

anything else in mind?

May 6, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 11
E500 or Um-2, both safe bets, excellent warranty support. Triple-fi: I haven't heard but i would bet that they sound great, just the isolation isn't there if you need it, and they do stick out pretty far

May 6, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 11
UM2s are lovely sounding IEMs I have to admit once you consider their size, comfort (although they are incredibly sensitive so you might always need an amp) - but unfortunately I've never heard the etys so can't comment on them
frown.gif

E500s are probably more of a normal IEM than the UM2s as the UM2s to me represent the 'fun' side of it rather than ultra neutral and realistic.

Westone 3s?

May 6, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 11
What type of music do you listen to?

May 7, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 11
thanks guys, i finally made my choice and made my order...e500's (brand new!)...had to add a little more but decided i wanted to be sure on my mids and highs (i am a bass fan too...but i think these would cover my needs). i listen more to R&B's, jazz and some classical music. hope i made the right choice...thanks for all the help!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back