Best IEM's for <$30?
Aug 7, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by amgupt01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there guys, this is my first post here so please don't eat me
wink.gif

I've had a pair of JVC Marshmallows for a while (the FX33's) and I really liked them, but all of a sudden the right earbud stopped working unless I push the cord in at a certain angle. I could probably fix it by opening it up and resoldering it, but I'd like to see if I should just take this opportunity to buy a new pair of phones.

I'm too young for a job in my state and I'm really new to this quality audio stuff... I've only had the Marshmallows and a Sony MDR-EX71. While I like them both, I preferred the Marshmallows.

So basically, which in-ear headphones would you all recommend for someone like me? I like to listen to hip-hop and rap but there's some other stuff thrown into the mix, too...

I've seen recommendations for these headphones so far:
  1. JVC Air Cushions
  2. Sennheiser CX300
  3. SoundMAGIC PL30
  4. SoundMAGIC PL11
  5. another set of JVC Marshmallows
Keeping in mind that I liked the amount of bass in the Marshmallows, which of these (or anything else less than 30 bucks) do you think I should get?

Also, should I get a Fiio E3? I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on an amp, but since the E3's only like 7 bucks I'd be willing to get it if it makes a difference, but I'm not going to get an E5 or some other amp.

Thanks guys.

~amgupt01

PM me an address and I'll send you mine, free of charge. I'll even pay for the shipping. I just bought these Marshmallows at Walmart the other day (to scavenge them for the shells) and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound. I don't really need them. I could take them back to Walmart for the $20 I spent, but every now and then, life gives you an opportunity to do something decent for someone else. So, if you want them, this is a one-time offer. Otherwise, I'll take them back to Walmart since I still have the receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back